Ughh thay make me so mad!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you are in trouble with your honey. Next time just read his mind and you'll know all.
Lying will come around and bite you in the butt. That's why I never do it. I'm not good at it and it just makes me angry when someone does it to me. I guess I feel sorry that you got caught in the middle of it though, like it's YOUR fault that you told the truth. YOU HORRIBLE PERSON YOU!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She shouldn't have lied to her employer to begin with - like Annasmom said, lying always comes back to bite you and its better sooner than later, and as a 'friend' he shouldn't have said anything and Lee should be annoyed at him.

I agree with Jennysmom - it is wrong to 'steal' from your employers and thats what you do when you take a paid sick day for something that can very easily be done in the evening or weekend. If I take a day off sick I do it without pay or take vacation pay for the day and usually I offer to work from home anyway.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

She shouldn't have lied to her employer to begin with - like Annasmom said, lying always comes back to bite you and its better sooner than later, and as a 'friend' he shouldn't have said anything and Lee should be annoyed at him.

I agree with Jennysmom - it is wrong to 'steal' from your employers and thats what you do when you take a paid sick day for something that can very easily be done in the evening or weekend. If I take a day off sick I do it without pay or take vacation pay for the day and usually I offer to work from home anyway.
Well said! When I take a day off due to sickness I end up working from home, too...I feel guilty not carrying my weight.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of friend though turns around and tells the boss what you are really up to? That is kind of weird, and rude.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is not working you might be required to do what she was supposed to do.

This spring I took a lot of sick days because I had a kidney infection. However, I am working for free this summer. So I should by now have made up all the work I missed.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crystal211

Well said! When I take a day off due to sickness I end up working from home, too...I feel guilty not carrying my weight.
I sometimes feel like this, but I try to resist the urge. I work hard at work and I take care of me. I have gone in when ill if I felt that it was important, but I have learned to evaluate whether it's important or if it's just because I'm worried that people will think I'm malingering or being a hypocondriac or whatever.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first got an UTI I never took time off because I had always been healthy and I didn't think much about it. Then it became a kidney infection.....

It is to my experience that if you don't take time off initially you'll eventually take way more time off than you can afford to.