Ugh.. now a UTI

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Abbey was uncomfortable this afternoon and I noticed she'd peed some blood. Called the vet and they gave her an antibiotic for a UTI.

Please send my poor stressed out baby some healing vibes. First the constipation, overnight hospital stay, enema, and a bath.. now this.

Please get well soon my sweet girl.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, the poor thingie. Probably she was doing a lot of licking while constipated, and/or the enema issue caused some gram negative bacteria to get up there.

What antibiotic did your vet prescribe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was given amoxicillin twice a day for until its gone, looks like about 10 days worth. I'm putting extra water into her wet food too just to ensure she's getting some fluids since I havent seen her drink from the water bowl yet.

She did tinkle in her litter box tonight, and it wasnt bloody this time so I think she just needs some destressing and some rest so the meds can work.

The vet tech said that the vet could do a u/a or I could just take the amoxy and get it started.. if she's not improved by Monday I'm to call them again. I sure hope she is improving by morning. Meowmy's stress limits have been reached by worry and tears.

She turns on the purrs every time I cry, she knows I'm so worried.