Ugh, I have an armpit licker...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella has lately developed an obsession with my armpits. I think this may have to do with our recent vacation (we were gone 5 days and someone familiar came in to care for them) and my recent business travel that has me out of the house for 1-2 days at a time. She absolutely loves DH and he is always here outside of our vacation.

Now, I know she loves me and she wants to groom me (she keeps herself brilliantly groomed after all), but she has decided my pits are the place to go. Obviously, armpits are certainly a strong source of one's scent, so I do understand the attraction (sort of).

Anyone else's kitty a pit lover? I need to stop or discourage this. For one, it hurts. She started doing this while I was sleeping and I now have what feels like rug burn under my right arm
I'm also worried about her getting deodorant poisoning. This used to be an occasional lick when she came to snuggle, it is now a daily battle of wills over my pits. She's gotten pretty aggressive with shoving her head in there.

I guess I'm wearing long sleeves to bed?

leesestyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow, that's bizarre! lol.

sorry, i don't have any answers but my cat used to lick and suck my ear lobes when he was a kitten... kinda similar, i guess. a friend told me he was trying to nurse on my ears (??) but i don't know if that's true.

all this crazy cat behavior makes me want to go back to college and take pre-med or vet courses to learn what all this stuff means!

i hope you find the answer but in the meantime, if it hurts, i'd definitely wear sleeves. lol