Ugh! I am so tired of people!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I'm only 39, but I've given the puzzled look and "No, why would I?" response. 
I'm over 50 and single (yes, I am that crazy cat lady 
 )  but started giving that response a LONG time ago. Good for you.

I never figured out whose business it was other than mine and those closest to me yet almost everyone seems to think it's fit to ask all single and or childless people why, or what's wrong or something.  Nothing wrong, it just happens to be my life and I make my own decisions based on what I think is right for me.  And it always seems no matter what you have done, married, with children or not, @catlover19 is right, these same people are waiting in the wings to ask questions and look at you with the same judging eye and try to make you feel something isn't right just because it isn't what they would do.    Not my kind of person...  

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm over 50 and single (yes, I am that crazy cat lady 
 )  but started giving that response a LONG time ago. Good for you.

I never figured out whose business it was other than mine and those closest to me yet almost everyone seems to think it's fit to ask all single and or childless people why, or what's wrong or something.  Nothing wrong, it just happens to be my life and I make my own decisions based on what I think is right for me.  And it always seems no matter what you have done, married, with children or not, @catlover19 is right, these same people are waiting in the wings to ask questions and look at you with the same judging eye and try to make you feel something isn't right just because it isn't what they would do.    Not my kind of person...  
I think some of them judge because "misery loves company."  Seriously.  One acquaintance of mine makes comments all the time about how she needs to help me with my love life, yet her marriage is based on booze.  No thanks.  I don't need to marry a drunk to be "happy" like them.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I think some of them judge because "misery loves company."  Seriously.  One acquaintance of mine makes comments all the time about how she needs to help me with my love life, yet her marriage is based on booze.  No thanks.  I don't need to marry a drunk to be "happy" like them.
Definitely agree there.  I know some people like that and chose to disassociate a few years back.  Best thing I did.  It left a gap in my social life but it quickly filled up with healthier people who are far more positive to be around.  The people I moved away from couldn't understand at all and still try to draw me back in.  No thank you!