Ugh, baby fever

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It's driving me insane! Every single one of my friends is pregnant or has a newborn and it's making me one want of my own. Someone talk me out of it?
I have 7 ranging in age from 20 almost 21 to 2 ... we hire them out for weekends and holidays

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

You are right that I have posted all of that.
BUT, we've found an awesome house.. 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, basement, big back yard, garage, etc.. just waiting on the loan stuff to go through. So we should be in our own house well before the end of the year. The food situation has gotten much better now that John's brother is never home. As for the animals, we can set up the new house with a separate area for the cats if necessary. So yeah, I suppose we don't have a whole lot working against us anymore.
Ah, a woman after my own heart!
I've wanted a baby for ever, and it has been SO HARD waiting!!

But, tell me, why do you want to be talked out of it if you have all that going for you? Is your husband not ready yet? (Despite him saying "Ok"- mine was saying Ok for a while but I could tell he had second thoughts, now we're good to go!
)

If he is ready and you are ready and your living situation will be ready soon, I say you should start getting baby ready!! Of course I would say that, that's where I am now.
A lot of people ask me "What does it take to get baby ready? Just birds and bees!!" But, what we're doing, is getting genetic counseling / testing (which is taking MONTHS!
) and taking prenatal vitamins. Every where I looked, including my OB/GYN says I should take them for 3 months before we start trying, and you need time for any birth control to get out of your system. So between those things, you need some leway before you start trying! If you'll be moved in by the end of the year, you probably want to start this process three months before that, so September! Then you can start trying in Dec, and give a few months for you to actually get pregnant... It'd be perfect!

Oh wait, you wanted to be talked OUT of it??

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kids are like cats, only a zillion times worse.

They never housetrain, are like a tornado leaving massive amounts of debris behind them. They go from pooping all over to cursing you out.

Kids are way over-rated.

Enjoy your time together for now....before you start a family. Starting a family means a huge change for you both. Be sure you're settled in your home. Think carefully, as all decisions from this point forth will not only be affecting you two, but you will be affecting a living being's entire life....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

Watch Nanny 911 or one of those shows... they make me never want kids. lol
OMG! No kidding!

I saw that a few times when nothing else was on television, and I didn't know who I wanted to smack more, the kids or the parents of the spoiled brats!!