U.S. Daylight Savings Time

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am in the habit of setting my clocks early in the afternoon and then going by the time on my phone or computer until the next day. It will be so nice for it to be light outside in the evenings again!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully my bestie reminded me and then I got a mass text from my old pastor’s wife because we would have missed church tomorrow. :lol:

DS went around changing clocks earlier but I’m going to assume DD isn’t asleep yet because someone just sent me a calendar invitation to the youth group summer camp. :rolleyes2:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Out of habit I went by my phone's clock vs. the manually set ones, and decided at 10:30 to go to sleep. I looked at the stove, saw 11:30, and was like "well, crap." And I've been dragging all day. :sleep2:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hate having to change the time. It takes me a week to adjust to the new pattern. There is absolutely no reason for doing it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it sounds like the farther north you live; the more sense it makes. But ugh. DH had to come to the bedroom to tell me my alarm was going off this morning. I'm ready for a nap. :lol:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ditto, I already changed mine when I came home this afternoon. :thumbsup:

I'm an early riser so I actually liked when it started getting light out early. Am I the only one?
Nope, I'm right there with you. Daylight in the morning helps me convince myself that it is truly time to get out of bed. Now it's back to being dark in the morning. I hate DST. Standard time has clock time better matching the sun, more or less (with respect to noon, when the sun is directly overhead). I'm not really an early riser by choice, but I start working at 7am on the days I work--I have a 4/10 (four ten-hour days) schedule, and that's getting me up at 5:15 just so I can get functionally awake by then, and it's back to waking in darkness and having that debate "is it really time to get up?" "the clock says it is" "but it's so dark" Cats: "Feed us!"

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot why I hated springing forward until Sunday night when I went to sit down for dinner. Sun comes right into our kitchen at the perfect angle to nail me right in the eyes. I eat dinner either squinting or with one eye closed until we "fall back" again. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm an early riser so I actually liked when it started getting light out early. Am I the only one?
I'm an early riser too, so though I Iove the daylight longer in the evenings, the darkness again when I get up isn't fun. But it's also been cloudy every morning this week, so it might be better when we get a sunrise with actual sun. Plus each morning sunrise is a bit earlier, so it'll be back to where it was before too long.