Tyson!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took down Tyson's cage today and he has not come out from under the bed.... But that is not something new! He hides under the bed for most of day then when I'm ready to go to sleep he comes out and wants to play. Maybe in another week or so I will introduce him to the rest of the house. Just hope that goes OK!

He is going to the vet again over the weekend, I can not give him his anitbiotic in his eye, he runs away and doesn't come back!!! SO I am worried that his eye is not getting better or that it will never get better.... I hope it's getting better.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Yeah! I got that Feliway stuff and it seems to do nothing for him.....

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson is still hiding under the bed a lot and sometimes when I go to pet him he runs away. I would have thought that he would be used to me by now but sometimes he acts like he doesn't evan know me.

He seems very interested in exploring the rest of the house but I don't know if that's a good idea yet. He may hide somewhere and it could take forever to find him. I am not sure how long I should wait before letting him explore the house.

He scratches on the floor a lot. I got a scratching post for him and a comfy bed but doens't seem to want anything to do with them. How can I get him to scratch on the post and not the carpet???? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats take ages to want to scratch on a post. Try either the cardboard 'mats' you can buy in Petco, or I use rough plaited sisal door mats, the kind you put on a step outside. I have one in each room, and hte cats have not touched the carpets since!

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I'll try that!!!

Well, I tried to take Tyson to the vet today but he wasn't in the mood. He back kicked and slithered right out of my hands... Then I tried to put a towel over him (which I thought sounded cruel) but that didn't work either he just ran away!!! I can not pick him up and now afraid to come near me. Probably fearing that I will throw another towel over him

I hope he starts to warm up soon!!! I know it may take time and I am willing to wait but I'm not used to having a cat who doesn't want tons of love and affection and to be held........

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I am making progress with Tyson, he trusts me more and wants me to pet him more. Sometimes I feel bad when I have to leave for work and he is meowing for me to pet him.

I am still nervous about introducing Tyson to the dog because she is still a puppy and can act crazy sometimes. Does anyone have any advice. I would like for Tyson to be able to roam about the house as he wishes and not be locked up in my room. I think he also wants to get out of my bedroom.....

He has also been getting bad hairballs lately. Does anyone have any advice on a good product to get rid of them
I have been using that stuff that comes in a tube.

I really appreciate the advice I get on this forum and I love to read other stories
Thanks

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson is doing much better...........

He is really starting to trust me now. He has been venturing downstairs latley and hanging out. He loves to play with all his toys. 2 weeks ago I found out he had worms I gave him the medicine and he seems to be getting better. He has an appointment next week with a vet for his eye. I really hope there is somthing that they can do fot his eye. All in all he is doing GREAT....... And special thanks to everyone who helped me and gave me answers to my questions, support, and truly cared. It is important to know that people are willing to help and you all really helped.

He still won't really let me pick him up, so that makes getting him to the vet hard, but I am hoping with time he will know that I would never do anything to harm him. I am going to try and get some pictures soon......

Thanks Again, I will continue with the updates.....

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks......

I am going to try and borrow a friends digital camera this weekend.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson goes to the vet today for his eye. Keep your fingers crossed I can get him in the carrier and that he does well at the vets office....

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson went to the vet yesterday and was a STAR!!! He was so good, I am so proud of him. The vet believes that he was born blind in his right eye and that may be why he was attacked and injured badly on that side. Poor Baby!!! He said it was a birth defect and he has a shrunken eye

The good news is that hes not in any pain so it may be worth it not to do anything. The Doctor said I could go either way, have the eye removed or just leave it alone, he also said it may be un-necessay right now. So, for now I am not going to do anything. Maybe sometime down the road I may consider having the eye removed.

I am just so happy that he is healthy and living the good life now inside, where all he has to worry about is being chased around the house by the beast a.ka. my roommates dog Fiona

Thanks for all your support and encouragement!!!!
I will keep you all updated.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks....

I have to download the pictures to the computer. It may take awhile, as I am not that great at figuring stuff like that out...