Twoface always sleeping on my side....

sonicwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's almost like she is guarding me.....I don't know but this all started when I got out of In Patient for OCD and I was exhausted because the doctors had tanked me off all my usual meds and that thru me into shock.....I came back home and took my usual meds and went to sleep....The whole five days I was in there I slept maybe one hour......When I got home I slept from 6:00PM to 12:00PM the next day and that was when she started to lay on my hip.....I know she could sense that I was in distress and it made me feel good knowing she was there........Are these simple signs because now she just does it all the time and I don't like to move her but, I can't lay on my side all the time.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat who insists on sleeping across my legs - until I am so cramped up I can't move.  I gently ask him to move and he will - for a few minutes!

It is sweet the she loves to comfort you.  She may not be as insistent about it as she realizes you're getting better.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
How lovely that she is comforting you like that. I am sure she is making sure she is safe with you and it is reassuring for you both to be together. It is amazing how cats always seem to find the times when we are in most need of getting up or getting out of an uncomfortable position to settle in.  Have you risked moving?  I will have this sinking feeling when I feel Mouse pushing in at the back of my knees and know I have to turn over on to my other side and don't want to loose his presence - but eventually I will turn and mostly he will snuggle right back in wanting the contact to continue just as much as me.

I believe cats have an amazing sense of when we need calm:  one time I had a little girl - a friend's daughter who had special needs staying over with me. She adored the 2 cats I had at the time and was desperate to 'sleep' with them in my bed.  She would get very distressed at night because of pain and that night she was awake, wriggling about and asking for comfort and blow me down my usually nervous cat that would hide away from all the children who came round scampered up on to the bed and walked calm as anything on to this wrything little girl's body - cat above cover, little girl under.  My cat lay down on the little girl's chest and just sat there, the pair of them face to face.  Next thing I am aware of is this distressed little girl laying completely still, flat on her back in the bed and holding her breath - and this went on for ages and ages until I finally realised she was trying not to breath so the cat wouldn't sense her moving and jump away! I said to her it was OK, Pal would like the feeling of her breathing and to let go which she did.  The pair of them lay like that for ages and it was incredibly moving.  My little cat didn't move even when there was wriggling and restlessness, she stayed until my little house guest was calm and able to start to drift off to sleep again.  Pal isn't with me any more, but both I and the little girl who was only about 3 at the time still remember it clear as day - it was about 20 years ago.  They had an incredibly close bond after that, it was beautiful.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sonicwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes one time I was having a dream or nightmare and i woke up in that shock like you don't know where you are and the dream was so lucid that I top it as being the worse nightmare I had....Well twoface was laying halfway on my chest and the rest of her under my arm......It calmed me to know she could sense that before it even happened. I love all my cats...but, twoface begs to come into my room if I shut the door to sleep.......She is mostly in my room at all times unless she is eating or using the restroom........

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like she has an amazing connection with you.  How special. 

Last edited:

kittybeauty22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Besides playing with my cat , sleeping with her is maybe favorite thing about our relationship. I move a lot in my sleep and she probably gets annoyed but she still sleeps with me. I'm going through a really hard break up right now and she's there for me, so I can relate

sonicwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitty I know what you mean........They really are the best therapy for us.

sonicwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she feels like someone is in her space she will make it know.....A loud growl and the dogs just run........She doesn't mind my flam tipped cat Dino coming in and dippy her sister rarely comes in here. They are so different.