Two things... I could use some reassurence

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ask the hospital social worker, and call you local office of aging/disability. They should be able to direct you to the resources available in your community.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you I will check on all of this... You guys do not know how much you help... I am the only family left and am old enough to have kids but not have my parent the kid...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wishing you all the help you and your mom need. Keeping you in my thoughts.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I'm sending you lots of positive energy! It always feels so much worse then it is due to the season...chin up!

I'll be on line most of today (It's saturday morning for me already) if you can't sleep and need to chat!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just caught onto this thread - sending major hugs, prayers and vibes your way!!! I have a brain damaged daughter and know how stressful being a caretaker is
I'm glad that your mom has you. It is such a hassle, dealing with the person's medical and personal problems and then having to deal with agencies, appointments, managing your loved one's finances, shopping, etc., etc.,etc. - it's no wonder that caregivers often get ill themselves.
Sometimes I think that if it weren't for TCS, I would have major depression. To be honest, though, I'm starting to have some health issues, and that is despite the fact that my parents are having my daughter stay with them for awhile, to give my husband and me a break. My husband waited till age 50 to get married, and married me, but I don't think he realized what having a dev. disabled person would be like; sometimes I wish that we had a caregiver's forum here in TCS cuz it seems like catlovers are the most compassionate people in the world

Please keep us updated on your mother's condition and situation. You're not alone in this

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOT GOOD NEWS...

Either the infection went into Moms stomach ( I have this happen alot) or she has two infections... She doesnt want me visiting so I may just work tomarrow( make up for a missed demo) ... I am not hadleing this well...

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you should go to work to distract yourself from your problems. Your mother is in the hospital and should be receiving the proper medical care. Maybe you can go visit after work and have dinner with her. Take in something to eat.

Hang in there, just do what you can, and try not to stress out. I know that is easier said than done, but you have to try.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to read this. I know you want your Mom home, but sounds like she needs the care of being in the hospital. Do what is best for you tomorrow...if you need to see her, go after work.

If you are a member of a church, go to services Christmas eve. Please pm me any time, and let me know if there is anything we can do.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I would have kept her at least one more day but the DR didnt agree ... Mom is home and I am hoping shell be okay ... I will likely be sleeping in her room for a few nights.. Thank you for all the vibes...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself...no good for your mom if you get sick from all this stress.