Two stray kittens with mean eye infections. PLEASE HELP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileneslightly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Possibly the final update?

Tyson has grown in size and has gained very healthy weight over the past week. His eyes are super clean, super clear- and he's using them to his every playful advantage! He's started to purr like a real motorboat, and LOVES rolling on his back while you waggle your fingers and tickle his belly. He's jumping, running, and meowing just like he should be. 

I just wanted to personally thank all of you for offering your advice and comfort over the past two weeks. I honestly didn't know how to feel when we endeavored in taking these two kittens into our home. Of course I knew there was a risk that they wouldn't make it- and my heart was broken when we lost Ali; but Tyson's recovery has been so inspiring and has made me feel so alive and maternal. None of that would have been possible without you kind souls and the help of some family and friends. I really appreciate it.

It's so hard to find people out there who care enough to look at a homeless animal and believe they're worth fighting for. Tyson and Ali were worth the battle the second we found them, practically blind. Tyson being the underdog, it really goes to show that no matter how BAD an animal looks- there is always... ALWAYS an opportunity to recover and be a happy and healthy little ball of life. Thank you so much for reminding me that there are people out there who love animals as much as I do. Thank you for being there for me. I really appreciate it- and Tyson does too!

Although he was diagnosed with Feline Herpes and will probably need to be watched carefully for the majority of his life; his vet has said that he has the full potential to live a long and happy life with the right family.

To celebrate Tyson's recovery- here are two images of him side-by-side. One before his recovery- and one now. Thank you guys. Thank you so much. He has a long life ahead of him. :)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww! This is so heartwarming and incredible! Bless you for saving this kitty! He looks so happy in the after picture! We need more folks like you! You really went all out and you are right - every homeless animal is worth trying to save. I hope Tyson lives a long, full and healthy life with his forever family when the time comes! He will always love you the best though! :)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, he looks great! He's a cute little guy. So glad for such a good update. I am very glad you gave him and his brother a chance, even though he didn't make it, he had a home for a short while. Thank you for that.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Happy picture or what!!!   I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a happier looking cat that Tyson in your update photo! 
​  He looks fantastic!  

What a wonderful transition.  And how great to hear he is playing away, running and jumping about like a healthy kitten now.  It is sad that Ali wasn't strong enough to make it but there is no way either of these kittens would be here without you so well done.

With a strong immune system, cats can stay very healthy despite Feline Herpes, and many many cats have it in their system yet never show any symptoms.  I was so worried when I was told Mouse had it, but he only tends to show symptoms if he gets stressed for some reason and gets run down, otherwise you would never know he had it.  Once Mouse got to around 2 years of age his outbreaks were a lot less severe and less regular.   I hope Tyson gets strong like this too and you get to spend many years enjoying him being an adorable, happy and healthy cat around your home.