Two Spayed kitties (healing)

Ninjakitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I’m very curious if this is normal for healing cats, I’ve noticed some white almost fuzz looking pus around the healing incision and I’m not sure if it’s infected or maybe cat litter got in or on it and I just noticed one of my cats may have an open wound.. I’m worried and will be taking to the vet hopefully tomorrow in case emergency. Any insight is much appreciated. The first pics are of one cat and the other pics are another’s incision.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it is called granular tissue and is part of the healing process. You might feel a lump underneath the incision too and that is normal. Selling on the inside from the trauma of surgery. You could take those pictures to your vet to give you some peace of mind. Then your cats wouldn't be stressed. The incisions look good to me. Look for extreme swelling, white/yellow/green discharge (clear, mixed with a tiny amount of blood is normal), and spreading redness.
Thank you for getting them spayed! Their, and your life will be MUCH better now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ninjakitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, it is called granular tissue and is part of the healing process. You might feel a lump underneath the incision too and that is normal. Selling on the inside from the trauma of surgery. You could take those pictures to your vet to give you some peace of mind. Then your cats wouldn't be stressed. The incisions look good to me. Look for extreme swelling, white/yellow/green discharge (clear, mixed with a tiny amount of blood is normal), and spreading redness.
Thank you for getting them spayed! Their, and your life will be MUCH better now!
Thank you so much for the knowledge and ease of mind, best regards :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had cats both on and without an antibiotic, I haven't noticed any difference. In fact, when I asked my vet about an antibiotic for my ferals when they get spayed, he says they don't give one, they heal so fast and almost never need one. Hopefully, they will stick around so I can get one for them if they act off. If you monitor closely and get hold of your vet if your little girl needs one, you'll be fine.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My vet usually does not give an antibiotic when I spay or neuter, including TNRed outdoor cats. I am not saying that it is not a possibility that a cat might need one, but generally I have had no trouble with any cat I have spayed.