Two questions for cell phone users...

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whatever you do... DO NOT get an LG. They are horrible. I have had to replace mine three times in the little under five months I have had it. It hangs up mid call, doesnt even ring sometimes, desides on its own weather or not to take a message from a caller, and also when its put on silent it desides to take itself off silent and to the loudest setting. Also sometimes when I answer the phone all it picks up is fuzziness... some have said that is my service but I am leaning toward it being the phone as well. Just had to put my two cents in.... good luck with whatever you do get.

Gina

HA just read the end of this thread and saw that you are going with samsung. I could of saved myself some typing if id of read a bit more... ah well at least I got to rant on LG lol.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Thanks for trying, Deb. Once I had some info, I wasn't waiting around. I really wanted it dealt with before we took off for a couple of days. I was about to go plunk down my money, when I started running into crappy reviews, and had to get more info however I could in a hurry. It's early days, of course, but I am enjoying the little beast. However, I would be curious, if you care to share your thoughts, Deb.
I was just going to say, Fran, that my current phone and the one I had prior were both LGs. This one is the VX6100, and it is a camera phone, but I got the upgrade for free, and it has been a little bit fun using it.

Anyway, I got both of my LGs because a good friend of mine actually works for my cell provider, and he recommended both to me as the 'best phone they have'. He roadtests them all, so I trust his word. That's all.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Samsung A650.

Thanks for input. I really appreciate it. I was really thrown for a loop when I started seeing the negative user reviews, but had a sense that the coverage might not be very balanced. However, I've been cursing the old phone for weeks, and had reached the point where I had to get off the pot or go crazy. That was when I decided to throw it to a readymade worldwide consumer group
and see if I could get enough info to find a direction forward. It worked.
You welcome chick!
that´s are the friends!

Keep us updated about this, I mean how´s going with it!

Cheers chick!

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Sony Ericsson (T226 model) and HATE it...my boyfriend has a motorola standard flip phone which i love...and obvioulsy he wont give it up! lol The LG flip phones are good...my mom has one and i believe she is pleased with it!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you like the Samsung, Fran. I don't have a Samsung cell phone, but I'm really pleased with the other Samsung products I have, and I know the Samsung cell phones are the ones all the kids want right now. When I was looking, I asked my classes what they'd recommend, based on their experience, and the majority of the kids said to go with Samsung or Motorola for reliability, which kind of surprised me, because at the time Nokia was the fashionable brand. I did tell them I needed at least a tri-band, which limited my choices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems it's one of the most popular around here, too.

I found your comments about other Samsung products and service very helpful, Tricia, and in keeping with the small amount of experience I have with other products. My microwave is Samsung, several years old now, bottom of the line, never a problem, good features -- so it kind of all fit together.

Anyway, time will certainly tell, but it was awfully nice to be able to leave the thing on on vibrate in my pocket while we were away, and not worry about all the irritations attendant on the old dinosaur: [a] not getting calls; the battery pooping out at the wrong time; [c] calls being disruptive; [d] carrying it in an unobtrusive fashion, etc.

Thanks again for input.