Two of our kittens are coming back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay guys, I need to request some of those powerful TCS adoption vibes/prayers for Jake and Colby. The lead I had on a home with my editor's family member didn't pan out, but I just got off the phone with another potential adopter and I like this situation even better. It's a couple in their 30's with two older female cats they've had for years. They had an orange male who developed cancer last year and had to be PTS. The husband was especially close to the cat. They finally feel they're ready to adopt and are looking for a young adult, orange male (Colby!!!). They weren't really planning on two cats, but the woman said she'd hate to split up the boys up. They're coming to meet them some time in the next few days. Will keep you posted on how things go. Thanks!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooohhh...i have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that everything works out! Tons of vibes heading their way!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sending positive vibes for them!!!!!

I had posted in another thread that I felt offering baby kittens to elderly people was not the greatest idea, that older adult cats were a better choice in that case. I don't know how people will respond to that, but this is the kind of reason why I would post that. It is so hard to get adult cats homes.

If this home doesn't work out, have you tried to contact local no-kill rescue groups. Try the ones that have their cats up for adoption in places like petsmart and petco. They do very intensive investigation of potential homes, and they also reach a larger part of the pet-loving population by having the cats right there in cages to be fallen in love with and adopted.

I don't know about there, but here, and at least the adoption group I work with treat the animals very well, and never keep them in the cages more than a few weeks. They will send them to a foster home for a break before putting them up for adoption in the stores again. They are taken out of the cages, exercised, played with, given affection every day, minimum twice a day, and someone is there every day.

They have always impressed me with their diligence, humanity and devotion, and to the effort they make in getting homes. It might reach a larger group of potential homes.

Good luck and I am hoping and hoping. It rips me up inside that I can't take every cat I hear about. I have 4 already in a 1-bedroom apartment (mine and foster).

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the plan: The wife is going to surprise her husband with a picture of the boys in his birthday card today. I emailed a couple of photos to her on Friday and she mentioned being "in love" with them already. If hubby feels the same way (and she's pretty confident he will), they're going to come meet Jake and Colby one night this week! Please keep those vibes coming for these sweet boys!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for the vibes! Please keep them coming as they seem to be working! Hubby saw the boys' pics and and said he'd hate to split them up!
Now we just have to set up a time for them to meet Jake and Colby. I hope this works out!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The latest is that the couple wants to wait until they return to from previously planned vacation to meet the boys. They'll be back on May 19th.
The wife said hubby was afraid if they came before their trip they wouldn't want to leave Jake and Colby. I really like these people. So, they'll be in touch when they return. It's only a little over a week away! Please keep those vibes coming.

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! I hope they get adopted. I'm glad your rescue will hold them. We had to do the same thing when we got our dog. We were actually leaving town for vacation, and we begged our dad to pull over for one more visit to the humane society. We'd been going every other week for a few months to every rescue in the area, waiting for the perfect dog. And there she was! Luckily, the folks there said they'd bend the rules and put her up as not adoptable until we got back.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is good news, just complicates things a bit. While we're waiting for this couple to get back from vacation to meet Jake and Colby, we just received an application regarding their Petfinder listing from a woman who wants to adopt both of them. The couple is leaning that way, but isn't sure. So, now what do we do? We need to honor their interest and let them come and see the boys, but what if they just want Colby? We really want to keep the boys together. Maybe we can convince them to adopt another cat instead. It's a nice dilemma to have. Will keep everyone posted.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

This is good news, just complicates things a bit. While we're waiting for this couple to get back from vacation to meet Jake and Colby, we just received an application regarding their Petfinder listing from a woman who wants to adopt both of them. The couple is leaning that way, but isn't sure. So, now what do we do? We need to honor their interest and let them come and see the boys, but what if they just want Colby? We really want to keep the boys together. Maybe we can convince them to adopt another cat instead. It's a nice dilemma to have. Will keep everyone posted.
This is why we don't "hold" cats for people for an extended period of time. The first approved adoptor who is able to take the cat are the ones who get the cat.

Katie

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

This is why we don't "hold" cats for people for an extended period of time. The first approved adoptor who is able to take the cat are the ones who get the cat.

Katie
Good policy. Because the adopter from Petfinder is definitely interested in both and we feel so strongly about keeping the boys together, our coordinator wants to give her priority.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jake and Colby and have a home - together!
The young couple who saw them on Petfinder and is committed to keeping them together came to meet the boys this afternoon, paid the adoption fee and will be picking them up on Sunday after they have the chance to do some "cat" shopping and get the house ready.

I should be happy for everybody, but am feeling rather sad right now. Had to say my goodbye's to the boys, since I'll be out of town this weekend. Adoptions are so bittersweet. I'm thrilled the boys were adopted together into a loving home, but I'll miss them so much. Please just tell me to get over it. I get way too attached!

Thanks for all the vibes and prayers for Jake and Colby!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Jake and Colby! Hope you have lots of fun and love at your new home!!!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Jake and Colby will be together in a loving, forever home!!

I know it must be sad to part with these babies but maybe you'll get a chance to visit them.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on finding those two a home together! It sounds like they can finally be together in a forever home.

Since you did so well with those two, do you want to take in two purebred Pits that have to be adopted together?