Two of mine let me pet them today for the first time

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's only been three years on December first! The funny thing is, they haven't seen me as much lately. I can only feed them once a week now, due to the new location (I need DH's help getting down there, and he's only available in the daytime on Sundays). I've been very busy around the house, so he's been feeding them a lot for me lately. (In case you're wondering if they get fed the rest of the week: yes. Several others feed them daily. Only two of us give them canned food, myself, and one other person.)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's awesome! It took about a year before I was able to touch a couple of mine.

Maybe as there are less people around these days the cats are calmer? I guess if they see their care givers every day and not many other people they're going to be more relaxed around the people who feed them..

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah for you!!!!! Isn't it amazing how time for we "furless beings" (unless you count my quarantine legs :lol: ) is sooooooo different then it is for those amazing furry feline beings we love SO much? We had one TNR feral who took almost 3 years to the day before we could truly pet him (despite feeding/housing/loving him daily). Hubby laughs that one of our TNR'd guys - "Crosby" - will, after over FIVE years, let me (and hubby) love him up and down, with Crosby even begging periodically for belly brushings. But walk by Crosby with a bag from the grocery store - - -and he looks like we're the neighborhood coyote come to pick his bones clean! (we don't actually have a neighborhood coyote - that was a little dramatic license :) ).

They certainly keep us on our toes, don't they? :petcat:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah for you!!!!! Isn't it amazing how time for we "furless beings" (unless you count my quarantine legs :lol: ) is sooooooo different then it is for those amazing furry feline beings we love SO much? We had one TNR feral who took almost 3 years to the day before we could truly pet him (despite feeding/housing/loving him daily). Hubby laughs that one of our TNR'd guys - "Crosby" - will, after over FIVE years, let me (and hubby) love him up and down, with Crosby even begging periodically for belly brushings. But walk by Crosby with a bag from the grocery store - - -and he looks like we're the neighborhood coyote come to pick his bones clean! (we don't actually have a neighborhood coyote - that was a little dramatic license :) ).

They certainly keep us on our toes, don't they? :petcat:
This whole blurb made me laugh out loud! So true, we are their servants. And rightly so 😽❤

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had a few ferals who were scared to death of me at the beginning. Several years go by and they're head bumping me and wanting to sit on my lap. Whiskers was one of these feral cats. I took care of him for 8 years and he lived in a shelter I set up on my front porch. He died in March 2020. RIP my sweet little boy.

IMG_1492.JPG

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had a few ferals who were scared to death of me at the beginning. Several years go by and they're head bumping me and wanting to sit on my lap. Whiskers was one of these feral cats. I took care of him for 8 years and he lived in a shelter I set up on my front porch. He died in March 2020. RIP my sweet little boy.

View attachment 360450
Aww bless u for looking after the feral cats and especially Whiskers. Your kindness would have changed his life and I have no doubt that he will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for you. He was a very handsome cat ❤❤

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww bless u for looking after the feral cats and especially Whiskers. Your kindness would have changed his life and I have no doubt that he will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for you. He was a very handsome cat ❤❤
Thanks Julia, nothing would make me more happy... all my fur babies waiting for me at the RB.

kriscomms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is so inspiring everyone. I adopted a feral cat and my only hope for her is that she stops running away from me.