Two New Mommies One Mommy Thief

Shannon08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two females who had kittens just days apart. One is about a year old and the other almost three years old. They've been coparenting just fine taking care of each other's babies and feeding in turns. Now my youngest one is taking all the babies and trying to move them and the oldest one is not happy and not having it. How can I stop this from continuing? Is it normal? Is it safe? What do I do?!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Shannon08 Shannon08

Since it's a problem you should separate each set of moms and kittens into their own rooms for awhile.

The younger mom means no harm. She is just confused and thinks all the babies are hers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shannon08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so they've compromised on a place to lay downstairs together, but the young one, Bella, now wants to take just one of the kittens upstairs behind my bed and just leaves it there alone and won't take care of it, I literally have to take it back downstairs where the other kittens are. Any idea why that may be happening?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure. Can you put them in a room together where kittens cannot be moved to other rooms and to places where they can't be found?

It sounds like it would be safer for all concerned if they are contained in one room with food, water, litter and a nest.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
À wild guess is Bella thinks there is some Fault on this korten so she abandons IT. Watch some extra on that kit IT may News extra helåret.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Written fr.o.m. My new iPhone as you all ser

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you plan to spay both moms after the litters have weaned? Can you keep everyone totally inside and away from intact males?