Two new kittens!

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We sadly lost our 19 year old Bubba on the 4th of July.

About a month later, we were given the opportunity to rescue two boy kittens, who today are about 15 weeks old.

Let me introduce Waldo:

20201105_135659.jpg

And his brother Walnut:

20201105_135619 (2).jpg

Can someone help me with pattern and colors?

Waldo is a colorpoint (chocolate?) but also seems to have some stripes on his legs.

I think Nutmeg is a classic tabby, but I'm not positive. Is he a silver classic tabby?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A couple more pictures -

Waldo:

20201105_164324 (2).jpg

Nutmeg:

20201105_164210 (2).jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are super cute!

I would describe Waldo as a seal point domestic shorthair. The faint stripes on his legs and face are "ghost markings." You can expect his coloring to change over time and become darker as he matures.

I would describe his brother (Walnut or Nutmeg?) as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. Brown (black-based) tabbies have black stripes on a brownish or grayish beige ground color. (A silver tabby would have more of a white or off-white ground color.)

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL, it's Nutmeg. We call them "Walnut" collectively and I must have been thinking about that when I typed. :)

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are super cute!
And they know it, too. :p

I would describe Waldo as a seal point domestic shorthair. The faint stripes on his legs and face are "ghost markings." You can expect his coloring to change over time and become darker as he matures.
I always have such a hard time distinguishing between seal and chocolate point.

I would describe his brother (Walnut or Nutmeg?) as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. Brown (black-based) tabbies have black stripes on a brownish or grayish beige ground color. (A silver tabby would have more of a white or off-white ground color.)
Makes sense!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pardon for mentioning this. Nutmeg seems to have the third eyelid quite visible. To see a little hint of them is common, but this is definitely more than just a hint. Its even rather bad.

Its seldom problem with the eye itself, it usually shows some sort of inflammation in the body. Sometimes just worms; and a deworming should help with a little luck.

If they havent been properly dewormed as yet, do it anyway...

If there isnt no good explanation, a vet check up is in order.

sirtwist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pardon for mentioning this. Nutmeg seems to have the third eyelid quite visible. To see a little hint of them is common, but this is definitely more than just a hint. Its even rather bad.

Its seldom problem with the eye itself, it usually shows some sort of inflammation in the body. Sometimes just worms; and a deworming should help with a little luck.

If they havent been properly dewormed as yet, do it anyway...

If there isnt no good explanation, a vet check up is in order.
Thanks for the note. They've been dewormed at the vet, but I'll mention it to him when we take them to get snipped. :)