Two New Boys

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7E9D0D55-69B0-4580-A0E5-2C097B3F964B.jpeg
F7B2A8C0-BA64-41A8-B0FA-DCD4F24A5F13.jpeg
Hi there,

Big thanks to this site and its posters for all the information, I always think it’s better to hear cat owner’s experiences rather than an article, as every cat, owner and situation is different and different perspectives help.

My boyfriend and I are proud owners/butlers to two boys. Shinobi who we got at eight weeks and is now nearly 15 weeks and Dodger who is a rescue of about 5 or 6 months who we got less than a week ago.

Dodger is the tuxedo kitty and Shin is the black cat (but he has a white chin patch and a very fetching bikini, we joke the white bits mark the danger zones)

We didn’t get them together and didn’t ever want a single cat, but fell for Shin and planned on getting him a buddy. We were really lucky with Dodger as he’s the most good natured kitty ever; he had a bad start (part of a 18 or so cat household who were put outside when their owner died, and rescued by the amazing West Cork Animal Rescue about a month later) but never lost his affectionate ways and is such a playful smol. It’s great he’s so playful as Shinobi never stops, if it moves it must be murdered, he is the ultimate murderfloof. I’m slightly worried Shin isn’t sleeping enough as he might miss something happening with Dodger, and watches him as he dozes off and then has to investigate but I think his lower energy might more he has someone who can keep up now, and he has to share his humans so that might not be going down great. We’re being careful to give equal affection and attention.

It took Dodger only a couple of days to get used to the madness that is Shinobi and now, less that a week later, you would swear they were litter mates what with their tumble wrestling games and snugging up for naps. It’s so great to see Dodger getting to be a kitten and to see Shin so happy to have some one to play with. Shin isn’t half as interested in playing with us boring humans now ;)

My boyfriend and I are delighted they are such great buddies, especially so quickly, but had a little bit of empty nest syndrome now that Shin’s energy and play is directed elsewhere. I almost miss Shin’s ‘help’ unloading the dishwasher...almost :)

Shin loves water and Dodger is also fascinated by Shin playing with water in his bowl, he looks at him like “are you done kind of simpleton?” . We got them a cat fountain but Shin doesn’t see that as play water, only bowls and sinks are play-water.

Looking forward to seeing and reading about your fluffs.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
CE1A3812-2591-4108-BB7F-360571C20CEA.gif
Livak, Shinobi and Dodger, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
02AF2B1D-026A-4932-A041-63C3E4EB61A5.gif

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your boys are beautiful! :happycat: :lovecat4:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Tabbytom, for the sparkly welcome! Ha, the black cartoon cats in it remind me of Shin when he’s in play mode :)

Your cat in your avatar is gorgeous, look at his giant ears and fancy face marks! Weak for the black stripes between his eyes, like he was drawing on eyebrows and put them in the wrong place :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Loved your write up on your boys. They are both gorgeous. :catlove:

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Rubysmama, they are beautiful bold boys :) Is that Ruby in your pic? she’s lovely, what a rich colour she has, and matching the trees behind :redheartpump:

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Neely, yeah, that’s Shinobi Smolcat, plays till he’s wrecked then pans out on anything fluffy, be it a blanket or Dodger. I think he’d love your beautiful fluffy cat :) such tufty toes! And office skills ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks, Rubysmama, they are beautiful bold boys :) Is that Ruby in your pic? she’s lovely, what a rich colour she has, and matching the trees behind :redheartpump:
Yes, that's my Ruby girl in my avatar pic. :catman:

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Aliceneko, I don’t know would sweet be the word, they are stone mad most of the time ;) Shin is just back from vet after neutering and he’s being his usual cheeky self, trying to keep him quiet is proving difficult and I hate keeping him away from Dodger.
Your guys look so cute and innocent like “Us? Knock something over? Never!”

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Mamanyt1953, everyone is so friendly! What a pretty tortoiseshell, reminds me of a one my parents had many years ago who also ruled with an iron fist.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That first pic of the sleeping kitten is just killin' me! I wanna smooch that belly.

Welcome,and thanks for loving your animals so much. We get it,so do you!

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish I could smooch his belly too, but he takes that as a murder invitation;unicorn was sacrificed for belly floofing/murdering

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, he looks so comfortable and content with his unicorn. He's probably thinking, just let me be for now. :wink:

Livak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope, was during a bout of unicorn killing-like they’re not rare enough ;)