Two New Behaviors -- Not Bad, Just Curious!

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really funny to see Mika opening up and displaying new behaviors now that she's not as sick anymore.

These behaviors aren't bad, as I mentioned. I'm just really curious if anyone else has had cats that do this and what they found that they meant.

Mika really loves bird watching. She'll sit in my window and watch the birds fly in and land on our balcony. Sometimes, she'll speak to the birds. Not a chittering (my roommate's cat will do that and I've heard that's a hunting call?) but an actual meow. It's louder than her normal ones but sound completely normal otherwise. She talks in 2-3 meows at a time and it's not for every bird that flies up. She'll smack her lips a few times too. Is she just a really bad hunter or what?

Her second behavior is kind of cute in my opinion. When Mika gets up on my bed, she'll knead on my soft blanket for a while but sometimes she'll pull it away like she wants me to lift it up so she can get under the covers. So I'll lift it up and she'll peak under and then decide to go over to my armpit. She'll tug on the fabric of my shirt under my armpit till I pet her and then'll she'll snuggle up next to me to sleep. I think it's cute because it's a quirky thing she does but is all she asking for is pets?

meto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caine meows loudly out the window all the time, it's his favorite hobby! He probably sees birds, stray cats, people and bugs. It's a really distinct meow, because he'll sound cute for me but the outside world gets to hear a cat trying to be a wolf! Or trying to be a monkey, or an ambulance or something

I've learned to tune it out, so I'm glad the neighbors don't seem to mind lol

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I'm not too sure one the first one lol, --but the second one...my Big Guy loves helping me make the bed to the point he wants me to get the fitted sheet all poofed with air. It's sort of like doing a two handed snapping of the top sheet to get the wrinkles out, except that when you do this with the bottom fitted sheet, because of the elastic around the edges it turns into a parachute until the collected air dissipates. He LOVES this, and borrows into the airy depths....
In his case, he soaks up the attention and laughter, plus he seems to like the feeling of a cave. He'll burrow under the quilt even after the bed is made...strong cat,. Or if I'm around at the right time, I'll hold up an edge of the quilt and he'll hop up and under. He really really enjoys this. :cloud9:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Kneading a blanket comes from nursing as a newborn kitten. That is how they get a lot of milk out of their mothers. Many cats keep doing it as adults.

Mika is a warm comfy cat when she gets under the covers or your shirt.