Two Litters Of Kittens, One Mom

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can split a can between two kittens. If they gobble it up quickly and look around for more, give them more. I fed mine 4 times a day while still nursing, and they always had dry kitten chow and water available. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can split a can between two kittens. If they gobble it up quickly and look around for more, give them more. I fed mine 4 times a day while still nursing, and they always had dry kitten chow and water available. :)
Okay thank you so much!!!!

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I need help again. All the kittens are doing great. Except for one. He's skinny, refusing to eat from mom, I think he's too weak. I think it's because I was trying to give them baths a couple days ago and he might have inhaled some of the water. The rest are completely fine but ever since I gave him that bath he started acting strange. I thought I'd give it a day, maybe I just traumatized him. but now he is skin and bones. I tried to force feed it egg yolk, wet cat food, etc just to get SOMETHING into his system. Should I start preparing myself for the worst? I feel so awful. I was just trying to help get rid of the fleas I used a tiny bit of dish soap and warm water.. he acted fine before that bath.. I feel awful. What do I do??? I tried to remove the rest of the kittens and give this little weak one some one on one time with mom but he's just too weak to nurse

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear. Can you get him to a vet for antibiotics? It may be your only hope. Is he breathing heavy or with a crackling sound? If so, it’s pneumonia.

Have you tried honey on his gums and drops of honey water or clear pedialyte?

K kibanamama

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. Can you get him to a vet for antibiotics? It may be your only hope. Is he breathing heavy or with a crackling sound? If so, it’s pneumonia.

Have you tried honey on his gums and drops of honey water or clear pedialyte?

K kibanamama
I will try that. He isn't really breathing heavy and I've listened for a crackling sound and havent heard it... I can't afford to get him to a vet and they don't make payment plans around here

kibanamama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try that. He isn't really breathing heavy and I've listened for a crackling sound and havent heard it... I can't afford to get him to a vet and they don't make payment plans around here
He's just not really moving hardly at all but his breathing appears normal

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put honey on his gums and try to get some liquid into him. He sounds dehydrated.