Two Kittens, one eating other's food!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was gonna ask the spay/neuter question too

Ok you are feeding them twice a day - that is good - they can't "free feed". What are you feeding - dry or canned?

If canned food your solution is an easy one. Give them their portion on separate plates/bowls and put them in separate rooms to eat. When they are done eating, then let them out.

Now if you are feeding dry, you have a challange cause cats don't eat all the dry at once.

Maybe it would be better to give them canned and a portion and pick up after eating - if separated, they can't eat each other's food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melanie610

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well they were eating dry and I think the growth spurt was correct. We switched them to wet food and the boy is eating is fine, although he wasn't all that interested at first. The girl will sometimes eat it depending on which flavor it is. But, I noticed this morning that she is just licking it, not actually eating it. I gave her some dry food last night because she hadn't eaten anything in like two days because she didn't like the wet food. I'm scared now that she's just going to lick the wet food and not actually eat it and be malnurished. (And we already tried mixing wet and dry, at that point, she just ate around the wet food to get the dry food...so I would really just like to get to her to actually EAT the wet food, not just lick it. Also, I'm thinking after not eating it right away it may be sitting out too long and then it smells or something and she thinks it looks/smells yucky...)