Two Days And No Poop From Two Month Old Kitten

Cat_Herder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just brought our new kitten home 2 nights ago, and been feeding her a combination of Fancy Feast Kitten wet food and Whiskas Milk. But although she goes to the litter box frequently, I've yet to identify any poop.

Was a time when I'd shrug this off, but I just had to put down my old cat because of constipation, and I'm not eager to start that again. Any words of wisdom?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the kitten? A little shy or freely running and happily playing around? If a little shy, the non pooing may easily by because of nervousness. Common.

If happy, there is much to do.
Have two different litter boxes. Some cats prefer to pee in one, and poo in totally another.
Dont have these litter in near by her food places.

Be sure the kitten has lotsa of fluids, which she seems to have. You can add several drops of virgin olive oil to each feeding. It works mildly loosening.
After kitten begins to poo, decline the oil by half.
Almost any food oil will do, but virgine olive oil is a healthy food by itself.

there are other tricks, but this is the starters.

You can give goats milk instead of Whiskas milk. cheaper and healthier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat_Herder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gave her some olive oil this morning, thanks for the tip. She's not shy, she races around the apartment, getting in everyone's face lol.

I got concerned because last night I saw her scratching at the floor, which was an early sign of constipation for my old cat when she was young.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Gave her some olive oil this morning, thanks for the tip. She's not shy, she races around the apartment, getting in everyone's face lol.

I got concerned because last night I saw her scratching at the floor, which was an early sign of constipation for my old cat when she was young.
Is she pooping yet?