Two cat feedings

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Just looking for some tips.. I did buy the sure pet microchip feeder (not going well so far).

How do people deal with two cats and feedings? Kitten gets a bowl of dry food because she is still growing and Oscar gets 4 tbsp of his food.

Kitten eats his food and hers!

I can't give Oscar two meals a day because he has IBS so he nibbles on that all day.

Any suggestions??

Kitten is a savage!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are known for this and are always hungry. I would just feed them yourself until the kitten is grown enough to have some manners. You cannot feed a kitten too much or too often. Make sure she gets as much as she can eat every time so it won't want the older cat's food. Feed before and after you are gone for the day. The automated feeder could feed the kitten during the day since I'm sure she will be waiting for it!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
You cannot feed a kitten too much or too often. Make sure she gets as much as she can eat every time
This is incredibly important. The kitten isn't a savage, it is hugely hungry. Since kittens stomachs aren't large enough to hold a lot of food they need small meals frequently throughout the day, wet preferably with kibble available for snacking.

How old is Oscar? 4 tablespoons of food is all he gets in a day?