Two broken toes. Oh my

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So last week Loki and Lamia went tearing through the house and managed to wrestle vigorously enough to tip a rather bulky piece of furniture. They both hid for most of the day and when they finally came out for dinner, Loki was holding his left paw aloft. He managed to break the two in the middle. Right on his growth plate, so the doctor said his teeny bones wouldn’t take a screw and I would have to return with him every week to have it rewrapped.
I got him a weeks worth of pain meds and now he is doing so well. I hobbled for weeks and weeks when I broke mine. I even spotted him doing a tall stretch on the scratcher. It was the first I saw him sproinging his nails out basically since it happened. I am happy today.
I have been keeping eagle eyes on him so. Whenever he is getting an idea to jump. Up or down, I hurry over and lift him.
He is as sweet as ever. I just love that guy.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What you are doing - that is, trying to keep him somewhat immobile, and giving him pain meds - is about all you can do short of what the vet said about wrapping the foot.

It is pretty amazing that he is doing so well already, especially if you have stopped the pain meds!!