Two 16 year old cats

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear I hate that they had to be separated even for a day. Please let us know what's happening.

to them both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sassylemon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need all of the I can get right now.

Purrcy is not doing well at all....not even sure whether or not I will be able to bring her home.
They are making her comfortable but they are trying to figure out what the most humane thing to do is....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, poor Puurcy.
How is Missy doing? If they're bonded it might be better to bring Puurcy home so she can be with Missy, even if it turns out to be just for her last few days.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Oh, poor Puurcy.
How is Missy doing? If they're bonded it might be better to bring Puurcy home so she can be with Missy, even if it turns out to be just for her last few days.

I am SO SO SO SO sorry hun!

MEGA vibes heading Purrcy's way!

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Lucy was about the same age when she took really bad cat flu. It stunned us because she was an indoor cat. Our vet thought that it was a recurrence of something she had as a kitten long before we got her.

Lucy was in the vets on IV fluids and medication for 4 days. She wasn't doing very well and by the 4th day, even though she was pleased to see me when we visited, wouldn't eat - despite me having brought her own feeding bowls to try and get her to eat.

It was decided to let her come home and see how it went. As soon as we got home she was asking for food! She just wanted to be home.

Lucy lived to be at least 22. She had several episodes of cat flu but was never hospitalised again as we learned how to cope with it with meds from the vet.

Like human colds and flu, the virus will run its course, usually about 7 - 10 days then there should be an improvement. I really hope Purrcy can hang on in there.

Sending much her way.

I hope Purrcy can pull through

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no .....many prayrs going up for Puurcy.

Can you take her something that has Missy's scent? I hope the dear girl pulls through.