Twix And Rosie

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In the past couple of months, two out of three of my kitties have passed away. Both of them lived to be 18 years old. I was lucky to have grown up with them, and to be introduced to cats and their willingness to love at such a young age. They both loved the sun, and purring loudly in my ear. Twix especially. I feel honored to have known and shared my life with them. Below is a picture with me and Rosie when we were both babies. The other one is of Twix. I’ll miss you both so much.
1DBD6D21-D0CD-4EFE-8577-7964AB277B38.jpeg
2D073BB0-FD81-4DA4-B07C-3FFB3E767AC0.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It leaves a hole in hearts that is impossible to fill, but possibly it is making room for more love to enter. Experiencing a love like that, a cat's love, which you earn, makes you aware of what love truly is, and urges the heart to yearn for more. That is the legacy they leave to us, the ability to accept their love and to return it back. To the point of overflowing and offering it to others as a means of honoring what they taught us.
To never physically hold them again, to end sharing our lives with them, is shattering. Until the day we realize that they will never leave our hearts and souls, because what is spiritual is eternal. It never dies. Love draws the souls together, they become one in spirit. Your precious little ones are a part of you, a part that will always be with you. They will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. It is up to you now how you will spend your life and their love. You can build a wall of grief around that love and hold it inside where it will forever be in the darkness of grief, or you can bring it out into the sunshine of life, allow it to grow and spread, and they will continue to live on through you. You can share it with other loves, add to it, until it builds into the magnificent legacy it was meant to be. Ever changing, ever revolving, and lasting through the rest of your life when your own love mixed with all these others will be passed on to continue living through the heart that loved you so much too.
Twix and Rosie are at peace, secure in their love with you. You were all blessed to have had so many years together, the bond you share is tremendous and can never be taken from you. They would never want you to be so sad, they loved you and life too much for that. Cats accept what life brings to them, they have a dignity and strength to carry on with courage. So let your precious memories bring you comfort, do not dwell on what cannot be changed, and let the treasure of love they left you bring you happiness and joy as it was meant to.
My heart cries for your pain, I have walked in your shoes. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and ask that you all find peace. Take care of yourself and that remaining little one, you need each other.
RIP precious Twix and Rosie. May you find that perfect patch of sun at the Rainbow Bridge, may your purrs be remembered for eternity by the one who misses you so dearly. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. We all wish that our pets live longer than us, or at least, as long as we are here on Earth. It always, always, leaves a deep gnawing hole in our hearts when they leave us, especially those that we have shared our lives with for years.

18 years is a long time for some, but still too short for us pet lovers. We wonder where those years have gone, because we just wake up one day and realize they have grown older - just like us.

I always believe that our dearly departed fur babies wait for us at the other side. At least that is how I want myself to believe to lessen the pain.

Again I am sorry for your loss. You gave them the best lives possible. For that, you are eternally in their hearts as they are to yours.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry. To lose them both within such a short amount of time would be so hard. I'm glad you got to have them with you for such a long time. I know they were well-loved and they loved you, too. RIP, little Rosie and Twix. :rbheart: :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your losses, 18 years is very good but no time is ever long enough. The pictures are adorable.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your losses, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You were soooo bless to be introduced to cats, the wonderful creatures they are, at such a young age. Believe it or not, every child is not so fortunate. I wasted many years just thinking of cats as another problem to be dealt with before I learned better.

Treasure the memories you have of those two little wonders of nature you had all of your life. They will serve you well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ret you gentle, Twix and Rosie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Such wonderful, long lives they led, but...when there is love, Eternity is not long enough, is it? Remember that love does not die, not ever. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Twix and Rosie are with you still, unseen but felt. You loved them, and love them still. They loved you, and love you still. Love abide. Love abides. Always and forever, Love abides.