Twitch is spending A LOT of time out of the box....

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need some advice, please!! Twitch is out of her box o' babies for most of the day. The babies are fed, all round and pudgy, and not screaming...but she doesnt spend a lot of time in there.

And also, even if she has food, and is okay, she follows us around, meowing pitifully. Its heartbreaking! Do you think this could be because we took away her dead kittens? She seems really confused, and acts like she is searching the house a lot.

Hints and Tips appreciated! I will be posting pictures soon... Babies are almost a week old!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am still so proud of the little angels

So here's a few from the past few days!
Image removed by Gayef pending resize
momma, all skinny!!!

momma's face

This is Stevie, poking her little head out over mom... ( we named her for Stevie Wonder )

This one is shortly after they were both born, so the bedding is a little icky...still adorable!!!

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is that something reasonable? She isn't meowing her usual heat meow, just a sad one! Plus, she isnt all lovey dovey... And she is REALLY skittish... I am sort of concerned. She is taking care of the babies, but... I worry about her.
Sorry about the huge pictures, by the way... Wasn't too sure how to change sizes

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So long as she is jumping in with the kittens when they cry, and spending enough time to feed them, they should be fine. Are you weighing the babies? You can get an inexpensive scale at Walmart, and then you know for sure each kitten is gaining.

You might also want to close Momma in the room with the babies, so she is there to care for them when they cry.

I've had several foster Moms, some spend every moment with their babies. Others feed them, then sit nearby watching over them.

BTW, your Twitch looks just like my Festus!

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is always near them... very watchful and protective, I just wanted to make sure it was okay that she wasnt in there all the time.

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that is how Kitty was. she fed them and bathed them and stimulated them and snuggled with them a little but other that that she was out cruisin around the house most of the time. And just like Beckiboo said as long as she gets in there when they cry and they are gaining weight they should be fine.