Twitch In My Cat's Whisker After He Got Face Surgery?

erikaash27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

Milo got surgery a little over 2 weeks ago. He had a lump removed on his right side of his face. I just found out it wasn't cancerous, yay!! Recently, I've noticed a twitch in his whiskers only on the right side (the side he got the surgery). It isn't constant, but it has happened enough that it has gotten me a little worried. Does anyone know what it could be from? I'm going to call the vet tomorrow, I just thought I would post on here since all vets are closed now.

Thanks!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There might have been minimal nerve damage during the surgery. Many times, this will either go away completely or decrease significantly over time. LOL, when I had my gall bladder removed, they had planned a laparoscopic surgery, but when they took a peek inside and actually saw it, they sliced me from stem to stern, as it was, and gently lifted the whole thing out. OK, the point is, that my entire stomach would jump at times for a few weeks after the surgery as the nerves were repairing and redirecting signals. I'm guessing that something of this sort is what is making your cat's whiskers twitch.