Twilight - The Movie

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Sam, I completely agree about the baseball scene! LOVED it! I have the song fromt that scene as my ringtone on my phone!!
It's a great song - my BF knew he would get me into Muse!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't seen the movie, but I did read all 4 books and I enjoyed them. Not your typical vampire books

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I love vampires but I never read the books. I don't read young adult books but prefer "adult" books

However, I may see the movie since I have nothing to compare it to. Otherwise, I never watch a movie based on a book I like. Its always a disappointment.
The writing was very much for a child. It was a struggle to get through because I felt like the writing was a small step up from Dr. Suess type writing. No offense to anyone!
I
Harry Potter though, even though they were all geared towards a younger audience as well. HP books are way more discriptive and contain more writing talent. My opinion only of course.

I won't see the movie just because I don't like watching love stories/chick flicks

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I agree. The books may have been targeted at teenagers, but I didn't find it childish. I'm 31 and I completely enjoyed the books, and I know MANY adults that have read them and also loved them. So by your reasoning, young adults can never read "adult" books?? I read "adult" books all the time when I was a teenager.
I read adult books in 2nd or 3rd grade and beyond. I was a total book worm! Books were like water.
them! Didn't grow up with TV either so that helped.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

The writing was very much for a child. It was a struggle to get through because I felt like the writing was a small step up from Dr. Suess type writing. No offense to anyone!
I
Harry Potter though, even though they were all geared towards a younger audience as well. HP books are way more discriptive and contain more writing talent. My opinion only of course.

I won't see the movie just because I don't like watching love stories/chick flicks
Stephanie Meyer is receiving some criticism for the writing...b/c it's not even meant to be for a child but rather for a young adult....It really was childish especially certain parts...at times it got better but some parts were just sooo hard to get through. Especially the very beginning of Twilight. My boyfriend got the deleted scenes and such and it came with a Stephanie Meyer interview, and she said how she only sent the first few chapters of Twilight to a publisher and they wrote to her that they loved it. I was like WHAT: I almost gave up after the first chapter...But then I kept reading cuz I wanted to get through the book and ended up liking the plot...So I have no idea how the publishers gave her a shot after just reading the first few chapters..It's a mystery to me. I think she's just incredibly lucky bc anyone can write like that, even a 4th grader..Of course, a 4th grader will not be able to come up with a plot like this but i'm talking about the writing itself.
I've never read HP except for short parts. It does sound like it's better writing but the plot is just a bore for me...When I read something, I care about the plot more than the talent of the writer. Unless the writing is horrible to a point that I can't get through it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

It really was childish especially certain parts...at times it got better but some parts were just sooo hard to get through. Especially the very beginning of Twilight.
I read the books out of order. 2nd, 3rd followed by the first. The over all plot and story are interesting (human in love with a vampire), but I wouldn't say she is a talented writer, that's for sure. Her writing is very "simple" and unpolished.