Twig is sick :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm surprised the vet didn't prescribe any antibiotics for Twig if he suspected a UTI.
That's usually SOP - especially if they find crystals in the urine..

Anyway, I'm glad that he's doing better, and is on the road to recovery.

FYI, anytime you notice your cat not being able to go pee or pooh, it's generally a good idea to get them to the vet ASAP.
UTI's can be fatal if not treated right away..

More get well vibes for Twig!

~KK~
They gave him calrivox (sp) it's supposed to be like amoxicillin. He's been on it well, since the second trip to the vets. He still has about 9 pills to take still.
He seems fine now, but we went and got him some food made for urinary tract health and are giving him a little each day hoping that'll keep the ickys from coming back. I hope it'll be good for him and that we never have to go through this again....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

They gave him calrivox (sp) it's supposed to be like amoxicillin. He's been on it well, since the second trip to the vets. He still has about 9 pills to take still.
He seems fine now, but we went and got him some food made for urinary tract health and are giving him a little each day hoping that'll keep the ickys from coming back. I hope it'll be good for him and that we never have to go through this again....
I must have missed something when I read the thread - my bad!

How's Twig doing now??

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I must have missed something when I read the thread - my bad!

How's Twig doing now??

~KK~
Twig's fine. Sorry it took me so long to answer. He's done with the meds and hopefully rid of the crystals. He's turning his nose up at the urinary tract food but I think the others are eating it which I guess couldn't hurt them. (I hope)
I don't leave it down much just during the day, and at night I put it away.
They have their choice of three foods now. The two usual cat foods and then the urinary tract food. Hopefully it'll keep the ickys from rearing their ugly heads again. Still don't know why he had such bad scooters though. But all is well now