Twenty-six! Kittens Dumped at UK Cat Rescue

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thankfully, they at least took the kittens to a rescue, but the mothers of all those kittens are still out there unspayed. The article said the kittens were likely from several different litters — the youngest nine being only 2-3 weeks old. Sigh …

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is so upsetting. I don’t understand people. My family has a farm out in the country, and several years ago, cats wandered in and started multiplying. My parents made a big effort and with the help of the local low cost clinic, got them all neutered/spayed. Now whenever a new cat wanders in, it is immediately trapped and neutered/spayed. Problem solved, it’s not that hard.

Im sorry, I guess I need to be more understanding of people who maybe don’t have the finances or a low cost clinic in the area. But I know there are many people who simply don’t care.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry, I guess I need to be more understanding of people who maybe don’t have the finances or a low cost clinic in the area. But I know there are many people who simply don’t care.
You are exactly right with your last point; this is the biggest problem.

People can only do what people can do. There are many people who do care, but do not have the means to make a substantial impact. But then there are people who DO have the means but don't care, or even make the problem worse.