Tuxedo's not responding to treatment anymore

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What wonderful news Laurie
- I'll keep sending good vibes Tuxie's way to help his recovery - Tippy sends lots of purrs and headbutts.

What a wonderful vet you have - it's lovely that he takes such care over this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darn it! His red blood cell count is down at 18 - but Doc's not discouraged. He gained three ounces (we boiled a chicken and have been feeding him as much kitten kibble, wholesome treats and chicken with broth as he'll eat, and he's been a gobbler
). We've added an iron supplement to the mix. So now we're back to 1/2 tablet of prednisone a day - along with the rest of the medicine, and that should help keep his appetite up.

Unfortunately, Tuxie's not acting anemic. He needs as much rest as he can get. But Doc doesn't want us to confine him to one room - he'll just stress out. Maybe Tuxedo knows something we don't know yet.... we can only hope!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The latest news isn't good. He's lost 6 oz. since last Friday - he's down to 8 lbs. 4 oz. The strange thing is he eats every time we give him something, and Gary's practically following him around the house with a bowl of food. He must not be eating on his own.

...and his hematocrit's down to 15. They gave him a shot of B-12 today, and because they're worried about his weight and eating - thus potentially his hydration, they gave hima bag of saline/water to make sure he's OK over the weekend.

We're taking what info we can find on Transfer Factor into the vet with us Monday. If it won't interfere with the meds (that don't seem to be doing anything anyway) and can't hurt him, then we'll give it a shot.

C'mon Tuxie - we need you to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just said a prayer for your little Tuxedo
Bless his heart, and yours for being so good to him. What a wonderful vet you have.

I'll keep you all in my thoughts...please keep us updated.