Tuxedo's Having Surgery Monday

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's more {{{successful surgery}}} vibes for Tuxie. Poor baby- he's had such a hard time. I hope the surgery solves the problem.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tuxedo ... you are in my thoughts today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for your good wishes for Tuxie!

Poor Gary was a wreck today - Tuxedo is his special kitty, his rescue, his baby boy....

and everything went fine! Doc was worried about his enlarged spleen - but did an aspirate while Tuxie was open just to make sure - but it looks fine from the side he could see - and not enlarged from the side either - apparently just on the ultrasound. With the amount of red blood cells &etc. he was pumping through his system, Doc says it's not a wonder why it would be enlarged with no disease.

Right now it's looking like Tuxie can come home tomorrow at noon.

Until his bladder heals he'll still be litterbox hopping - probably about a week. It'll take a couple of days for labwork to come back on what type of crystals he was growing.

But other than that, everything looks fine, everything went fine, and Tuxie's awake (but groggy) and doing fine!

...and Daddy's doing MUCH better now too!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

But other than that, everything looks fine, everything went fine, and Tuxie's awake (but groggy) and doing fine!

That's great Laurie!
I'm sure the both of you will sleep better tonight now that the surgery is over.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats good to hear everything went fine! I know you both will be glad to get him home again. Sending recovery vibes to Tuxie

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is great news.
Tonight you get to nurse Tuxie's Daddy....
tomorrow Tuxie.

Your sweet boy will remain in my thoughts.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for your good wishes for Tuxie!

Poor Gary was a wreck today - Tuxedo is his special kitty, his rescue, his baby boy....

and everything went fine! Doc was worried about his enlarged spleen - but did an aspirate while Tuxie was open just to make sure - but it looks fine from the side he could see - and not enlarged from the side either - apparently just on the ultrasound. With the amount of red blood cells &etc. he was pumping through his system, Doc says it's not a wonder why it would be enlarged with no disease.

Right now it's looking like Tuxie can come home tomorrow at noon.

Until his bladder heals he'll still be litterbox hopping - probably about a week. It'll take a couple of days for labwork to come back on what type of crystals he was growing.

Laurie, Glad to hear Tuxie is doing much better... and daddy too. I wonder what reference lab they sent Tuxie's crystals to? From what I have been told, there are only 2 labs in the country that does stone/crystal calculi and mine is one of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Tammie - I'll ask!

And yes, Tuxie is home!

We called at 11:00am, and Doc said we could pick him up at noon. So we did. They said he was peeing really well, and that while he was there he didn't lick his stitches.

Of course, the minute we got home the first thing he did was go at the stitches. We didn't bring a collar home with us because the last time we tried a collar on him, he almost killed himself backing up like a freaked out nut everywhere - and he would NOT stop. And we were just worried about him backing off the bed in the RV - here we've got a staircase!

So... after an hour of following him around, doing our BEST to explain to him he couldn't do that and would NOT like the alternative, he wouldn't quit. So we bundled him back into the crate. Thankfully, they wrapped him up REALLY quickly. He's now wearing a wrapper that is open in the back, but does pull up over his back legs, and then goes all the way up to where an ace-bandage thing is wrapped around his abdomen/tummy.

The poor boy is SO miserable in this get-up. 6 hours later he's getting better at walking in it (at first his back legs wobbled around like he was drunk!) - but despite the vanilla, the other cats are like - what the heck IS that?

We feel horrible that we're not good enough at communicating with him so he didn't have to wind up in this uncomfortable wrapper. But it's a lot better than the collar!

His stitches come out in 10 days.

He's been hungry, drinking a lot - and sleeping a lot. But he's been a sweetie, enjoying pets, and purring like a maniac. Wrapper or not, he's happy to be home!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

He's been hungry, drinking a lot - and sleeping a lot. But he's been a sweetie, enjoying pets, and purring like a maniac. Wrapper or not, he's happy to be home!
Bless his little heart
Nothing like being in the comfort of your own home
So pleased Tuxies is doing great Laurie

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tuxie

you look good in your wrapper .... Keep getting better boy

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tuxie...did you only have reverse when you were wearing a collar?

Now you all wrapped up like a Christmas present?

I am glad that you boy is doing so well.