Tuxedo is really sick.... (long)

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I'm sending good thoughts, prayers and positive energy to ALL of you! I know how scary it was when Spawn went through the same type of thing. I hope you have a good update for us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, they checked for everything, including Fatty Liver Disease, and apparently it's just a virus they can't identify.

I was so hoping (and expecting) Gary and I and the Vet would compromise and bring Tuxedo home yesterday.... but he was doing OK, not great - eating, but still needed subcutaneous hydration. So they were worried that he might still be infectious, and none of us want the other kitties to get sick when we bring him home.

SO..... today he was eating AND drinking (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!), and it looks like we'll be picking him up tomorrow morning.

I'm glad he's been getting the medical attention, but he needs TLC!!!!!

Gary and I are both so excited about bringing him home. It was such an agonizing decision, and now that we've made it, we just want to bring him home.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad to hear he's probably going home with you tomorrow!!! Yay!!! Keep us updated!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey - is he home -is he ok? I am playing catch up here so I may have missed a post about it - but I will get there!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, Laurie! The last I heard was that you were rearranging the bedroom to keep the cats happy! LOL ! Do you think they'll allow you to use part of the bed? I hope Tux is perfectly fine now.