Turquoise eyes>

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have no idea why her eyes turned out that colour. I tried the red eye feature but nothing changed. Mojo just slept blissfully on under her tail.
[/url][/IMG]

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great-looking kitty. i like the tabby coat a lot- it reminds me of the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland (when they're plump. also the stripey tail) and my kitty Daisy

so her eyes are yellow-green in person? ......i've never seen a cat with turquoise eyes in person, only on the internet

example http://www.mspca.org/images/content/...arge_35900.jpg

and Daisy sometimes photographs with aqua eyes, but in person she's got yellow-green eyes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the resize. I couldn't figure it out. Her eyes are green in real life. I have no idea why they photographed this way. I could do nothing with the red eye feature..

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by temperpolk

Her eyes are green in real life. I have no idea why they photographed this way. I could do nothing with the red eye feature..
perhaps real-life green hues can make some cameras go batty. my kitty Penny has green eyes (like a spring green, a bit richer than celery ... "greener" than Daisy's for sure) yet digital images always seem to betray her eyes' actual green tone.

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know my godson always said that the green of her eyes was what he called "true" green. They are very luminous green. So maybe the camera can't handle that green colour. I'm just surprised her eyes looked that colour this time I photographed her. Usually they photograph her usual gorgeous green.

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL.. The kitten's name is Mojo. Dusky (a spayed female) likes to [sit] on him. And he a a glutton for punishment.... except I think now he's starting to give her some "mojo" dealings...

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i remember before i adopted my 2 cats, i said i wanted a cat with emerald/kelly eyes (because green reminds me of my mother).

Penny & Daisy don't have emerald eyes, but it makes no difference to me. Penny's early eyes were yellow-green like Daisy's, but as she got older they changed to a nice celery type color - now the color's set i guess.

Daisy's eyes were always one color.

Anyway. Green eyes on cats - my fave

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by temperpolk

LOL.. The kitten's name is Mojo. Dusky (a spayed female) likes to [sit] on him. And he a a glutton for punishment.... except I think now he's starting to give her some "mojo" dealings...
Adorable picture, they both look so content!

prairienights

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, I know the answer to this

Colorpoint cats (siamese colored) have a form of albinism. When looked at in low light, their pupils appear red because they lack pigment in the cones of their eyes. Non-colorpoint cats, like your girl, have full pigment in the back of their eyes and in low light/camera flash they appear green/gold.

I have the same problem with my two cats (both colorpoints), but their eyes turn red instead of turqoise.

Here's one of my girls:

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW!!! She's gorgeous! I always wanted a siamese... That answers the question though. Very cool fact. So I guess the best time to photograph Dusky would be in full sunlight or when there's enough light to not reflect the back of her eyes? I'm pretty sure though that the flash didn't go off when I took the picture.

prairienights

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks
She's my pretty girl. I have two color points, a lynx point (tabby points) and a seal point (black points), and since they both have the color point gene, they both have the red eye thing.

I'm not a photographer by any means, and I'm constantly frustrated by having good photo ops ruined by red eyes. But yea, I've found that full sunlight/no flash is the best method.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What great looking kitties!!

My neighbor's little female cat, Peach, has turquoise eyes. She's so skittish, though, that I've never been able to get a pic of her.