Turkish van/Aegean mix just had kittens

skittles2239

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My calico Turkish van Aegean mix just had a litter of kitties. Torrow they will be two weeks old. Anyways she ended up having two albino kittens and I was wondering if I should have them put down or let them receive new owners. They have the pink skin the red eyes and solid white fur.they would be at higher risks for the health problems but I'm not sure when people decide when its the right time to let them go. Personally they are not suffering any thing yet thank goodness but it doesn't mean it can't happen latter what would you do?

Last edited by a moderator:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no reason to put them down.  They will need to be careful around bright sunlight, that's all.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Albino kittens see and hear like other cats, and do not necessarily have health problems at all. They are healthy and will make someone a very sweet and loving pet. There is absolutely no reason to euthanize these two kittens.

madelinegloria

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Albinism is only a lack or absence of pigment in the skin - there shouldn't be anything physically wrong with them other than the normal characteristics of albinism.