Tuning people out

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh gosh I do that with Jerry all the time. Love him to bits, but some of the things he loves bore the heck out of me......
(Not with Jerry, with my own hubby
)

Right now he's reading me websites about some comet or something that some guy thinks fragments of which are going to hit earth on May 29 or something because there are crop circles somewhere that say so. Um.....ok.... I have to turn and look every so often, though, because he's showing me pictures. Or something. I dunno.

And I'm sitting here thinking, If it's that important, IM me the link to the actual website and let me look at it myself!
He does this all the time. Different topics, of course. There isn't always some guy who reads crop circles to say that The Sky Is Falling!

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes...very guilty!

The funny thing is, is some people do it to me, too...touche. *laughs*

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have a problem with people that drag out stories - they go around the bushes and through the trees and up and down little hills before they ever get around to the gist of the story by which time I've stopped listening.
There's a man at my Dad's allotments that's just like that!

He will manage to elongate the conversation by correcting himself and 'remembering' other points!

It's funny to think about, but you seriously can't get any work done when he's around!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another guilty one here!

I'll be anyones shoulder to cry on, but we had one bloke here who had everyone run like cockroaches when the light gets switched on just so they didn't have to listen to him whine on.

He used to empty the bin in my office and i would pick my reciever up just so he thought i couldn't speak to him

He was so boring with his conversation that you'd find yourself getting sleepy!.

Oh and his wife left him!, nuff said

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh Yessssss! One of my cousins used to call me EVERY DAY and talk about the same thing over and over and over! It was always 1 of 2 things he talked about...his girlfriend and their problems and also, well, thats all really...

One day, I finally told him that I don't talk to my best friends more than about every 2 weeks! (busy lives)

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guilty, definitely guilty. I think part of the problem is that I have a few too many co-workers that like the sound of their own voice SOOOOOO much that they don't see a need to stop talking.

You just wanna shake them and say "GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!!!....I'M GROWING OLD HERE!!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

um... yes... guilty as charged.... electronics conversations or D&D in my case....
Same here with D&D! I really want to say that I have no idea what with your talking about!