Tune Time!

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Debby, Cleo thanx!
I could also send you a casette with my favourite songs, how's that?
Only I'm going to need a 900 minutes cassete to have place for all of them :LOL:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or ten 90 min cassettes? But that might make for expensive shipping costs! :laughing2:

I'll get busy on your cassette Billie...this is fun!

Cleo

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[color=see-green]
Hi all! :angel2:
:angel4:'s

I've been trying to keep up with posts and so many other things in my life. I've been waiting for my new cd burner ...the other one was damaged UGH...so, now a short wait
I feel like I'm really going in circles sometimes. Well, just letting you know I'm trying you guys. Okay? It's too great of an idea to let go!

Love &
[/color]

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, ladies, it's music time!

Billie, please send me your name and address via either a private or an electronic-mail message and I'll send you an audio-cassette tape of (some of) my favorite music. I'd love to get one from you, too; so I'll send you my address presently.

Catarina, likewise for you — except the medium will be a compact disk. Send me your name and address, as I shall be sending you mine!

:tounge2:

This next edition of tunes will be different from the first one, by the way. Audio Galaxy is wonderful, but the "personal touch" is what makes for fond memories.

=^..^=

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Howdy! Here is the play list for the disk/tape I'm sending you two:

1. Henry Carey — God Save the King/Queen. This is a purely-whimsical selection on my part. I just like it!

2. Björk Guðmundsdóttir — Army of Me. It's difficult to choose one song from this era's greatest musical genius, but here it is nonetheless.

3. Fats Waller and His Rhythm — Your Feet's Too Big. Well, are they? Fats was a wonderful entertainer and a brilliant stride pianist. His life was short but his talent was huge.

4. Jack Off Jill — Fear of Dying. This "all girl" band will blow you away, if you appreciate rock and roll. It's a pity they've disbanded, but riot grrrls don't get sponsorship in corporate America.

5. Martha Argerich — (Chopin) Polonaise No. 6 in A flat, Op. 53. This cut is from a 1965 recording session. Martha, an Argentinian, is as brilliant now as she was back then in her early 20s.

6. Sade Adu — The Sweetest Taboo. Beautiful voice, classy presence: Totally-talented Sade needs no further introduction.

7. Ottorino Respighi — Bernardo Gianoncelli, detto Il Bernadello: Bergamasca. I just love Respighi's music. What can I say?

8. Tom Jones — What's New Pussycat. The Clive Donner film What's New Pussycat is my personal cinematic icon of the pre-war 1960s. Jones' song brings many pleasant memories to the surface — for me, anyway.

9. The Moonglows — Sincerely. This 1954 classic is a wonderful example of brilliant bass-line emphasis.

10. Frankie Trumbauer and His Orchestra, featuring Bix Beiderbecke — Singin' the Blues. This is simply a classic jazz-music song. Beiderbecke's cornet talks to us!

11. Antonio Carlos Jobim — Girl From Epanema. Want to relax and feel happy? Here you go.

12. The Rockin' Rebels — Wild Weekend. This 1950s-style song hit the charts in the early 1960s. It's an exemplar of a bygone era.

13. Cat Power — Salty Dog. Chan Marshall (Cat Power) is a lovely person whose music captivates "live" audiences. She stole my heart, I can tell you!

14. The Dells — Oh What a Night. Here's another wonderful example of low-register emphasis.

15. The Beatles — The Fool on the Hill. This is my theme song, which I adopted whilst in the Republic of Viet Nam during the war. I still hold it true today. It fits me like a glove.

16. Erik Satie — GymnopÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]die. Satie was a marvelous character who hated music critics with a passion, an admirable quality! This is an orchestrated version of three similar piano pieces.

17. Status Quo — Picutes of Matchstick Men. This song reminds me of the wartime 1960s, when I was overseas and had to imagine what life was like back in "civilization." It's rather a timeless song, however, in spite of my personal recollections.

18. The Chordettes — Lollipop. The gals who made Sheboygan famous cranked out this tune in 1958. It's just a good finger-snapping and happy little ditty.

19. The Shirelles — Dedicated to the One I Love. One of my all-time favorite songs. To me, it's musical perfection.

20. The Doors — When the Music's Over. When it's over, folks, please do turn out the lights.

=^..^=

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can't wait - I'll get this one printed!!
I'll post my list as soon as the casette is ready and anyone who wants to get it please PM me your addresses.
I thought about it a lot and finally decided to put a song from each of my favourite albums - sounds like a good idea to me.