TUNA-is it bad for the kitties?

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Noelle&Oliver

You won't be satisfied unless there was an actual study done? So, if a study concluded that tuna is totally acceptable to feed exclusively, you'd still do it, despite the fact that all these other conditions and illness were reported in cat's fed tuna exclusively? Many companies still claim that plant based dry food is acceptable for felines, even though it's known to cause many health issues and is not a species appropriate diet..
I also feed Innova and am going to switch to a grainless dry this week. My cats like tuna and I am not going to take it away from them. Your right about $ companies $ claiming that plant based dry food is acceptable for felines and it causes health issues. All those plant based ingredients are just fillers.

I have tried many $ commercial $ canned foods and they don't like it or they used to vomit it, or they would eat it a few days and then not at all.

I listen to my cats and not $ companies $.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I now think about the "listening to my cats, no the companies" thing. My cats LOVE Purina. I LOVE McDonalds. We know those aren't the best. Heck, my cats really really really loved the Nutro pouches, which could've potentially killed them.

Give an 8 year old a choice between McDonald's(tuna) & a salad(canned food). They'll go for the McDonalds.

However, I will add, moderation is the key!
Tuna will affect each cat differently...some may never develop any health problems. Then there's my Ophelia. One bite of tuna & I gave her a UTI, crystals, & one very awful vet visit.