Tumor in sinus cavity

Janief

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I posted on here a few months back asking if anyone knew what would be wrong with my kitty who was having breathing issues and was snorting. Since then I’ve taken her to the vet several times and they kept giving her antibiotics which haven’t worked. She has been blind in her right eye since she was a kitten and her eye waters all the time. I asked the vet if her sinus issues could be from the eye issues and they said no. I noticed 3 weeks ago that her eye started bulging Out a little so I took her to the vet Ophthalmologist last week and they told me that they think she has a tumor growing into her sinus cavity and pushing the eye out. She has an appointment this Friday to have an MRI to see what’s going on. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this with there cat and do you have any advice???

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs an operation if possible to take out the tumor. It obviously is causing her pain, though cats are great at not showing it. The MRI will tell if this is possible. if not, I would suggest Prednisone after consulting with your vet, it usually reduces the size of tumors and would make her more comfortable. Don't give up hope! Miracles still happen, my beloved boy was diagnosed with Leukemia and was so sick we dug his grave. The vet said there was nothing that could be done. It has now been 10 months and he is running around, happy and sassy! I pray you get good news, I'll pray for that sweet girl, sending healing vibes her way..... :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janief

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for that. We will accept any and all prayer for healing. Her appointment is Friday ❤

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please let us know how the MRI goes. I'm sending your kitty positive energy, and i pray theres a solution to make her feel better. :vibes::heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janief

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So after the vet appt at a new office and a CT scan today with an internist oncologist and ophthalmologist we’re waiting or the ct report to come backing they took 2 biopsies and some fluid from her sinus and now we wait but the preliminary opinion and observation is that there is a mass formed in her right sinus and under her right eye pushing the eye globe out and growing into the left sinus. The vet said surgery wouldn’t be beneficial. Does anyone know of any holistic treatments for this kind of an issue. I know there’s radiation and chemo but that’s so costly and causes additional issues.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please check out a site called HomeoAnimal.com. It has many holistic treatments available. They also have great advice. I also get Life Gold on amazon for my cats. It is supportive of all the body systems and boosts the immune system. My prayers are with you both. Please have a pain medication available too, it is good to have something if the pain gets too bad and you can't get a vet.