Tuffy

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tom I have had you in my Thoughts and Prayers everyday, It's so hard to think about another Kitty so soon, because we all know he can never take the place of Sweet Tuffy, But you will know when it's right and if it's right in your Heart, not only is Tuffy and Angel so will the next one you get hopeing that it will fill a void, as I'm sure it will in some ways.
You surely have a lot of Love to give to another baby I feel that because you took such wonderful care of Tuffy. It takes time to get over loosing one that meant so much, I lost one 11 years ago 3 months after my 1st Hubby died and I still miss him with all my Heart but it didn't keep me for long from addind to my kittie family, it doesn't mean your replacing Tuffy.
Tuffy will alway's be a part of your Memory and Heart, you'll know when you see a certin kitty I know you will. I hope the pain is easing a little for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a nice card in the mail from the vet clinic Tuffy used to go to. Almost everyone who works there that got to know Tuffy had something nice to say about him and signed the card. That was nice of them to do that for me.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vets office sends a condolence card, too. It really means so much!

I think you have plenty of time to think about adding another kitty. If you decide to go look at Timmy, and he steals your heart, that is good. Otherwise, if you wait, I'm sure another kitty will find you in time.

If you decide not to get Timmy, I suggest that when you feel it is time to add another kitty to your family, that you call a local rescue. I know my rescue has lots of "left-over" kitties who would be wonderful pets, but just never get matched up with the right person. Maybe you could let them know that you are seeking a tough but loveable tomcat, who might look unappealing to another person. Maybe they will have just the kitty to fit the bill, who has been overlooked in a foster home as all the cute kittens are chosen first.

Of course you will never find another Tuffy, because he was just so very special. But you will find another kitty to love, in due time.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The girl with Timmy helps out at a rescue place, that is how she got to know Timmy. He is just like what you said above, not one of the "cute" kittens He is mostly white with some black areas thrown in here and there. She brought him up because we were talking about Tuffy and how we have 4 other cats but none of them are even close to what Tuffy was to me. She worked with Tuffy in the vets office allot and she said the bigger Timmy gets and the more time she spends with him he reminds her of Tuffy in many ways.

I think I am going to wait before I try and find another kitty. Or oldest cat Missy is already spending more and more time with me now that Tuffy is gone. She is getting pretty old and who knows how much longer she will be with us. She is going on 19 years old and still doing great for her age, but I am learning that cats can go pretty fast when its time. So I will just let Missy be my buddy if thats what she wants. She also has that toughness about her like Tuffy did, and when she was younger she would go outside exploring so she knows what its like out there in the big world, but she always had a nice home to come to which Tuffy didn't have till I got him.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your loss of Tuffy. Now he is whole again, cavorting among the stars and the angels with all our other TCS cats over RB. Godspeed, Tuffy.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is wise to give yourself a little time before taking another cat. My soulmate cat, Max, died suddenly last summer from kidney failure. I almost got another cat, but then decided to give it some time. I prayed and told the Lord, I was not going out to look for a cat. I told him if a female showed up on my doorstep that I couldn't get rid of, I would know that was the right cat. Well, I had forgotten all about another cat. Then a month ago, there she was, a beautiful calico female. I thought she was really young because she is so small. My vet says she is 2 to 3 years old. She has already been spayed. I am trying to get her used to my other cats by putting her in the yard with them a little bit each morning and standing guard with a broom.
I wish you peace in your heart. Your Tuffy was certainly a most beautiful cat. Hugs.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Tuffy
He was a fighter and you did all you could for him.
He was such a beautiful kitty.
RIP sweet Tuffy

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have said it before and I will say it again, this site is the best, I learned so much from it and everyone is great. All the kind words and thoughts for Tuffy makes me feel better about loosing him so soon. I probably would have never found this site if not for Tuffy and the problems he had most of the time I had him. Out of the little over a year I had him I think there was only about 3 months that he was not fighting some type of problem. I miss the little guy so much. Maybe some day I will be with him again.

Here is the last picture I took of Tuffy before he died. It was taken just 4 days before he passed on. The big cat is Panther, he always tried to help take care of Tuffy when he was sick. Tuffy was shaved for a ultra sound a few days before I took this picture, thats why he looks so strange.

I also want to say sorry that I don't respond to others in this forum, its just to hard for me to read of others loosing there special kittys on top of just loosing Tuffy.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww isn't that a precious picture of the two of them

It is hard coming into the bridge Tom
but hopefully more will come to lend support to others because it really does help them

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Maybe it is fate Tom. Nobody will ever replace Tuffy but maybe Timmy will help you be able to move forward? Kittens can be hard work but they also bring so much joy and happiness.
Whatever you decide will be for the best. Keep us updated.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going to see Timmy next week to see if he will like me or not. There is no huge hurry for her to find a home for Timmy and she said no one else has been interested in him. He has been tested for lukeimia [sp?] and has had all the basic shots. He is about 12 weeks old so he is big enough to fend for himself with our cats if he has too. She also said if I bring him home and there are any problems with him getting along with the other cats or any other problem I can take him back to her. She would love to keep him for herself but she has all the cats she can have in the city here. So maybe it was meant to be that I end up with Timmy because of all I did for Tuffy. I guess I will have to decide that when I meet Timmy and see how it goes.

quirkygal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I've been away for a bit and just logged on - Tom my heart goes out to you and your family. Tuffy seemed like such a sweetie and I'm sure glad he got to spend his days with you and yours.

Good luck - you're still in our thoughts and prayers.....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt has always been a believer in kitty karma, and I now believe the same. You do good by a kitty, and a wonderful kitty who needs you somehow makes its may into your life.

Maybe Timmy is the one?

Just don't be afraid to say no if you don't click with him, or it feels too soon when you meet him. You don't have to take him.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is 2 pictures of my pulling garden tractor I named after Tuffy. His name is on the side of the front weight frame in red. The tractor is going to be totaly rebuilt and modified this winter and with all new paint and Tuffy's name will be on it along with his picture I hope. I took second place today [Monday] with it so I think I did Tuffy's name proud.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have not got a chance to go see Timmy yet this week. Part of me wants to get him if he likes me and part of me still wants to wait a long time before getting another kitty. Maybe when I see him I can tell if its right to get him or not.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

I have not got a chance to go see Timmy yet this week. Part of me wants to get him if he likes me and part of me still wants to wait a long time before getting another kitty. Maybe when I see him I can tell if its right to get him or not.
It is very difficult with just having lost Tuffy. I think you need to have faith in yourself to make the right decision. If you're not ready, then wait.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am missing Tuffy so much tonight.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a big picture of Tuffy as a background on my computer, Well last night Angel was sitting and looking at my computer screen with Tuffy's picture on it and she would take her paw and try to touch Tuffy's picture, It was so sad for me to see her do that. She never really liked Tuffy but she must miss him also.

I was sad and missing Tuffy last night, then Angel did what she did with Tuffy's picture and I just lost it.
Thats why I posted what I said above.

Sorry for going on and on about Tuffy.