Tuesday, July 16: Question of the day

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH, no thanks needed.
I honestly think that half of the problem with "anxiety" IS the fear of that "anxiety". And, it is something we learn/teach ourselves from having bad experiences, even if that bad experience only happened to us a couple of times. That is all it takes sometimes. We just expect them. You know? If your brain thinks you are getting what you need (some help
) then most times it will work to appease that negative response. Our minds are extremely powerful just all on their own.
lem overnight
Are you an author??!!!!
I saw your kindle book from your siggy website. Looks pretty interesting and will check it out when I have more time.
I know I didn't slip into this problem overnight, and I won't solve it overnight.  And you're right, anxiety can breed itself late and in the dark.. So I think the key is recognizing that cycle, rationally, then just a little   med help to  back it all up. It certainly beats treating only the symptom each night-- with more and powerful drugs-- which  then become less and less effective anyway.  Been there, and been doin' that. But I'm thankful to recognize how that plan has been leading me somewhere I don't want to be. You wouldn't believe the "things" you'll do when your out of sleep meds, and its still 2 weeks from your doc refilling them.  Making "medicine cabinet cocktails" is what I call it, and, well, very very  bad. It's a downward spiral, alright. And your DW is helping you through all this valiently, but you hide the full extent of it all,  even from her-- and from DS when he's home from college. But the great news is I e-mailed Doc today, and he has some great ideas in line with what we've been posting about. I'll see him on Monday.  And half a med worked pretty well last night!  Oh, and btw, Lauren, yes I am said author of the ebook, thanks for asking. It's a silver lining that came from all the insomnia, (LOL).  A paper-back (physical book) edition should be forth-coming fairly soon. Had a snafu or two there, but I think it's a go now. Shoulda done things in reverse--  ebook 2nd. 

Anyway, thanks again, Lauren, for the concern, and another perspective on the sleepless thing.   

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Oh, and btw, Lauren, yes I am said author of the ebook, thanks for asking. It's a silver lining that came from all the insomnia, (LOL).  A paper-back (physical book) edition should be forth-coming fairly soon. Had a snafu or two there, but I think it's a go now. Shoulda done things in reverse--  ebook 2nd. 
Anyway, thanks again, Lauren, for the concern, and another perspective on the sleepless thing.   
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for your doctor's visit. :cross: And, :cool:, on the book. I have heard insomniacs are quite brilliant. :bigwink: Hey, :idea:, that is the reward!!!! or at least something positive that came of it. :clap: ;)

Last edited: