Tuesday Daily Thread

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JELLYYYYBEELLLLYYYY!!! HIIIIII!!!!!

I love my car too! I think I am going to get a black convertible with beige leather seats next...but I still have a year and a half before I can get another...

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I need to tint my windows too. My visor doesn't even go over my whole window on my side. I have a '02 VW Beetle (white). I am thinking about getting a convertible bug next. I just love these cars!!
Candie, I have a '01 Beetle and love it. It's Vortex blue (limited edition). I had the windows tinted right after I bought it. We also have 2 1970 Beetles

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone;

I'm pretty tired today - SOMEBODY woke me up at 1:00 in the morning because he decided he it would be a good idea to throw up a hairball right next to my face on the bed. (Hint: it wasn't my husband.) I did get him down on the floor, but then I couldn't get back to sleep for a long time. His tummy is much better now, that's the first time he's been sick for a couple of weeks.

I do have to say, Simba has been adorable lately. When we first took him in, he slept at the foot of the bed. Now he stands in the middle of the bed at night and waits for me. He wants me to lay on my side facing the middle, then he comes in an smashes in as tight as he can, curling up by my chest and arm. And then he just purrs like crazy...

I'm glad work is over for the day; I, too, am already looking forward to the weekend.

3blackcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just got home from visiting my MIL for five days. Boy, am I glad to be home!! I missed my kitties so much and they missed us too. They have not left us alone since we came home.
So, today I'm catching up on laundry and playing with the kitties

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have anything interesting to say today. The only thing I can say, is: IT'S HOT!!!!!!! It means another day of trying to sleep in the extreme heat, with no air conditioner.

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whewww, Hope, saw the temps, here's thinking cool thoughts for ya. We're warm here, but very bearable.

Caprice, cool car!! Amazed to hear how many it can seat and store. Learning something new every day.

Suzy, I can certainly sympathize, another sleepless night here too. A certain little calico bit my butt at 2am, then attacked our toes at 4am. I discovered all the little needle-teeth marks around my ankles this morning. Ahhh, kittenhood.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by 3BlackCats
Candie, I have a '01 Beetle and love it. It's Vortex blue (limited edition). I had the windows tinted right after I bought it. We also have 2 1970 Beetles

That's so neat! I love the old ones too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My headache is gone, thanks guys!

Finished Mystic River today, thank goodness. Not bad. Have ordered Kiln People from the library and it should arrive by Friday.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have ordered Kiln People from the library and it should arrive by Friday.
I'm going to wait to order it until later in the month, so I still have it here when we start discussing it. Otherwise I know I'll forget something and want to look it up. That one's available at my library, so I'm not going to buy it unless someone else has it out for too long...

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek! Where did the day go? I have 20 minutes until I leave to go take my geology test! I didn't really study today because I didn't want to get too stressed out over it. I just looked at some of the key terms and points. The office was pretty quiet today too...I guess the real estate business is slowing down for the upcoming holidays. YEA! Good thing I am taking half a day off on Friday to drive up to Austin! (I'll be gone from Friday late to early Monday and will miss you guys!
)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by caprice
Eek! Where did the day go? I have 20 minutes until I leave to go take my geology test! I didn't really study today because I didn't want to get too stressed out over it. I just looked at some of the key terms and points. The office was pretty quiet today too...I guess the real estate business is slowing down for the upcoming holidays. YEA! Good thing I am taking half a day off on Friday to drive up to Austin! (I'll be gone from Friday late to early Monday and will miss you guys!
)
Good luck on your test and have fun on your weekend!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, debt stinks! I hope we can sell the house we live in now...but first it has to be left to us in my grandfather's will, which we think most likely is! Probably get about $80K for it! Should pay more than our debt and a nice huge downpayment on a new house!

Congrats on selling the car Sicy!

My test was kinda hard...I kinda suspected it since the material was very hard to learn...I am just glad I got an A on my first one. It took her 2 weeks to tell us our grade...so I probably won't know anything until late next week or early the following week. I am getting pretty hungery now...must eat...you guys should see Mittens right now...he is laying on top of a pile of blankets next to me...and purring so loudly and kneading!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would LOVE to sell hubby's baseball cards on ebay - hes got a load of them that are sitting uselessly in the spare room!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're setting heat records, here. It's 8:45 p.m. and still 82. As much as I dislike cold weather, I could use a bit of cooling down. The cats are even affected - they're a lot less active aren't eating as much.

Work was as usual. One good note: my next raise is due, in two weeks. Don't know how much it will be, as yet. Should be fairly nice, though - they're grading on a curve and I have some of the highest stats on the project. The high attrition rate may help, too - more money to go around. One of the girls and I worked it out today: out of 22 people, who finished our class, only 14 are left. The rest all quit or got fired. I am the ONLY person on the whole project, who has absolutely NO absences or tardies. All of my other scores are high, too.

Tomorrow - Hump Day.