Tuesday 11/5/2013 8:00AM My cat isn't eating or going to the bathroom and is laying around crying

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliepierce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he does have bloody urine on him. I have pedialyte and gerber meat n gravy. I'm almost home to give it to him.

juliepierce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No they didn't give him fluids. The vet says he needs to stream pee not dribble by Monday and it could be bad if he doesn't eliminate

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sammy isn't even moving now... it is both sad and frighening. 

I don't know what else to do..

and this is Matt's cat.  He cares for him deeply.. He just does stupid stuff sometimes. 

We cannot afford to take him to the hospital 
Yes he does have bloody urine on him.
Sharing our lives with cats and taking on the responsibility to be their caretakers means doing right by them when they get sick whether you can afford it or not. Your cat is in extreme pain and distress at this point and I am sorry he will have to suffer until Monday. If it is sad and frightening to you, I can only imagine what he is enduring at this moment. No one here can help you other than to tell you to get your cat to an ER vet tonight.

Last edited:

juliepierce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came home to give him food and pedialyte and he's gone! I'm devastated!!!!!

nbrazil

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay - I feel so concerned for the guy, this is so out of my league. Still, when you are with him and giving him fluid/soft, small meals endeavor to keep your anxiety in check. These creatures are emotional sponges... if you can't keep your anxiety in check, just speak softly and cooingly (is that a word?), and imagine yourself stroking him gently and with love (I figure he is in too much pain to want to be touched).

When they are not hiding it, then they are in considerable pain... but their pain isn't like our pain. It is simply, well, pain with an instinctive response to draw all energy resources in to deal with it. What I'm saying is that animals do not experience fear (of death) in association with pain, so don't you go putting that fear into his energy field. Should it go in that direction, well, because there is no fear, to an animal it is a lot like going to sleep - and so comforting them at that time is even more important.

So I've already directed healing energy, which will empower whatever process is appropriate for his little spirit. Help him through either healing or transition... love is the way, check your fear at the front door.

ktknievel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came home to give him food and pedialyte and he's gone! I'm devastated!!!!!
Oh, I'm so sorry :( I've been keeping an eye on this thread and was hoping for the best :(. You've had so many hard times, I can't even imagine what you and your fiancé are feeling. Give those other fuzzy kids big healing hugs! :rbheart:

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Came back to this thread after I replied when it was on first page...

Oh my god! I am so sorry for your loss - I am now caught up on this thread... 

So sorry. :(

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I came back to ask how Sammy was doing... my heart sank when I saw he was gone. It is really hard to watch these creatures suffer, is there any insight to what caused his ailment? I feel for you.... and Sammy.

barbh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your's and Matt's loss. It is devestating when we lose a pet that we have shared our lives with. My thoughts are with you guys :(

juliepierce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.  I thought I could save Sammy.  I should have kept him at the ER.  I'm upset that the vet didn't tell me to admit him.  She said the meds should work.. Poor Sammy.  He used to play hide and seek with me.  He would wait for me 'til I came out of the shower then he would put his front paws on me so I would hold him so he would soak up my heat.  He was such a good cat.  He was too young to go.  I will miss him so much!!!!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to learn of this sad outcome. Would you like me to now lock the thread and then when you feel ready you can open a thread for Sammy in the Crossing the bridge forum.?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. :heart2: When you feel up to it, please consider starting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge section. Sadly, I will now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.