Purraise
well cute am well gel i want my cat to have hers
 feel like its never going to happen haha 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is another picture of Kitten #1 that i took as i was weighing her.

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Im worried about Kitten # 2... I have not seen her nursing, and she just seems off. This evening when I came in the two other kittens were in the middle of the box and she was in a corner with the blanket over her. I think Gisele is rejecting her. She hardly cries and when she does Gisele does not care.
I kinda think something is wrong with her. Her head seems shaped different then the other two.. its narrower? and her ears do not sit the same.. I dont know, just looks like I may loose her. I got Gisele out and tried to get her to nurse her and Gisele was willing but the kitten just was not interested. I have checked on them off and on for 6 hours now and have not seen her nurse once. I tried to get her to bottle feed but she wont, and i tried with a dropper and only could get a couple drops down her.

She does not cry much, I can pick her up and she might cry one time and then is silent, even if i roll her on her back...  I don't think that's normal??

They say babies that are not getting fed cry a lot, but she does not is that normal??

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not too sure, but when the feral kittens we had a couple years ago weren't getting enough milk from momma and their little bodies started shutting down they were very silent and just laid there a lot- I really hope that is not the case here. I would just continue to check on her and try feeding her some replacement milk as well as trying to get her to latch on to momma frequently. I hope things turn out okay <3

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten #2 has put very little if any weight on (depends how accurate your scales are), which is a warning sign.  You can try supplementing her - do make sure she is warm first - and clean her tail end afterwards with damp cotton wool.  But the most worrying sign is that the mum is ignoring her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 I got Gisele out and tried to get her to nurse her and Gisele was willing but the kitten just was not interested. I have checked on them off and on for 6 hours now and have not seen her nurse once. I tried to get her to bottle feed but she wont, and i tried with a dropper and only could get a couple drops down her.

She does not cry much, I can pick her up and she might cry one time and then is silent, even if i roll her on her back...  I don't think that's normal??

They say babies that are not getting fed cry a lot, but she does not is that normal??
Like the others already said, she is on her way down, it is just hours now left. If you want to save her, you must work actively.  Mom is willing, this is a good sign, perhaps you arent forced to do all the feeding yourself. But you must give her a boost so she manage to begin to suckle.   I think her "uninterest" is because she is already too weak.

Keep her warm, as Oriental said.  Being cold takes forces from her. (being too warm takes force too, so dont overdo).  Give her  some  white caro syrup, or honey, or some dextrose on her goom.  This will give her a boost, hopefully.    It cant be wrong either with some light massaging.  Moms licking is massaging too, no?

AFTER it you can try to give her some kmr again with the dropper... probably easier than to suckle.  As she is weak now.

(Knowleable people could also give food with a "pipeline" directly into the stomach, but this is difficult for most people and thus dangerous if you dont know exactly how to do it...)

ps.  The starting weight of 3,6 ounces isnt not bad at all, even good.  So the beginning was OK.

Lets hope it gave her some reserves.  Even if she didnt put on much at the second time.

Good luck!   *vibes*

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Then around lunch time I got a call from my Landlord who said he could hear her crying, He went and checked on her for me and all she did was cry. When i got home from work she wanted me to stay by her side and had the discharge and I could see contractions. She waited for me to get home it seems before she had them.
It seems you do have a very nice landlord.  Give him some gifts now and then, important to keep nice people happy.  He perhaps wants to adopt one of the kittens??

Yes, Im sure she waited for you.   :)

*vibes*

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, she was gone this morning. I tried to get her warm and I did the wiping thing but she never seemed to respond and would not take much from me when I used the dropper. She was in the corner again this morning cold and dead, and the other 2 were nursing. I think something was wrong with her. The other two are so much stronger and look so much bigger. I just hope they make it.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw im so sorry. she was a cutie, sometimes the mums just know when there is something wrong with them and thats why they reject them. congratulations on the other 2. will you be keeping any of them? they are adorable!! gd luck with those ones, although if they nursing well and mummy lookin after them they will be fine xx

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awww so sorry for your lost maybe there was something wrong and thats why  gisele didnt respond to her 

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the 2 girls left are doing really good.

Day 1         Day 2         Day 3

Kitten 1 (Carmen) :  3.7 oz   --   4.0 oz  --   5.1 oz

Kitten 3 (Jasmine) : 3.3 oz   --   3.7 oz  --   4.1 oz

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:( So sorry about Kitten 2. There's only so much we can ever do, and you did your best. Glad to see that the other two girls are doing great!!! Wow, Carmen is a big one, huh?! :)

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So the 2 girls left are doing really good.

Day 1         Day 2         Day 3

Kitten 1 (Carmen) :  3.7 oz   --   4.0 oz  --   5.1 oz

Kitten 3 (Jasmine) : 3.3 oz   --   3.7 oz  --   4.1 oz

wow they really are doing well. looks like carmen ate loads on day 2 put on alot.  clynn11 is right you did your best for kitten 2.