Trying to find a rabbit meat food for main cat meals

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Evanger's rabbit meat is formulated for dogs only. Do not feed it to your cat since it will not contain enough taurine. This is probably the brand that someone's vet warned them against feeding to the cat.

Nature's Logic and Nature's Variety Prairie rabbit products have sufficient quantities of taurine for a cat.
A just meat food is a just meat food...it requires supplementation but is not harmful to use. It matters not that it is sold for dogs..there is nothing, ingredient wise that precludes cats eating this..and like wysong's just meat offerings, it requires supplementation, and the wysong's is labelled for dog or cat...evangers simply did not label theirs as also being for cats.

jlphilli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Evanger's isn't formulated for either species....it is simply Rabbit meat (hence the 100% rabbit). Rabbit cartilage contains enough taurine for a cat, so that isn't the issue. (and if you look at their website, it says for cats AND dogs)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlphilli

Evanger's isn't formulated for either species....it is simply Rabbit meat (hence the 100% rabbit). Rabbit cartilage contains enough taurine for a cat, so that isn't the issue. (and if you look at their website, it says for cats AND dogs)
Thank you...to me its a no question kind of thing, it's simply an "all meat" food that can be worked into a balanced diet. A new to me company is now providing the same with beaver meat...lots of interesting new options out there!

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Thank you...to me its a no question kind of thing, it's simply an "all meat" food that can be worked into a balanced diet. A new to me company is now providing the same with beaver meat...lots of interesting new options out there!
Beaver?! Well that's an interesting option!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

Beaver?! Well that's an interesting option!
Canine cavier makes a beaver can

fishtreatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a store that sells frozen raw meat for dogs and cats including rabbit meat. I believe these come in patties...chicken meat patties, rabbit and so on. If you would like me to call the store to find out where they order it, let me know.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Canine cavier makes a beaver can
Kinda makes me wonder what it tastes like....

Is it just me, or are your cats healthier than you are?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Kinda makes me wonder what it tastes like....

Is it just me, or are your cats healthier than you are?
Umm saddly you are right .. they are far healthier than I am ... and ya I want to know what beaver tastes like to a cat or dog