Trying to figure out what breed this is

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my neighbours cat, we were trying to figure out what he is exactly. His ears are really short and he is bulky. I just found out he is the dad of my cat roxy's litter she had 2 months ago. Trying to see what breed my kittens are .

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The dad is a black and white domestic.   Although he could get work as a stand in for a British shorthair, I think.   :)

The momma is a tabby, no?  That is really no guess - tabby is dominant, so momma MUSt have it, because daddy isnt.

It would be nice to get a couple of good pics of her too.

The kitten is adorable.  I guess he got the tabby from momma, and the white belly from daddy.

WHAT pattern he has we dont see - both mackerel and classic tabby does often have spots on their tummy.

So having spots on belly doesnt means much, the spots must be on the side and back to be countend for a spotted tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missalex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Adorable kittens.  Apparently a fair and representative mix of their parents, where both parents do carry white spot gene...

Momma seems to carry the classic tabby - marbled, blotched, bulls eye tabby.  So I presume the tabbied kittens do carry this too, although Im not able to see their side clearly enough.