Trying to figure out the gender of my cat.. (please help me)

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than males typically being larger, boy and girl cats have the same body shapes. :)

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two obviously related cats came to my feral/stray/abandoned cat colony; in fact, I thought they were the same cats until I saw them side by side.  "Sandy" is much more female looking and smaller than his brother, Buckley.  Both definitely males.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
funniest thing to me is, i asked him if he was a boy and since then his almost agression towards me has gone away. now he is a really calm nice cat. lol. he has been coming to lay with me and curl up on my lap, were when i thought he was a girl he would walk up and claw smack me or bite.
:lol3: I read somewhere (somewhere new-agey) that a cause of cat aggression is if the cat has the "wrong" name, they're aggressive because they're mad at the name. Maybe being thought of as the wrong gender can do the same :tongue2:. Not that I really believe it but. . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sierloveless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks so femanine though lol and he is really small. late bloomer i guess =P

Lol, well the name hasnt been a problem, he is really responsive to it, well to being called "Mask" anyways. he just lost his baby teeth too, so maybe he is growing  into the adult phase... i really want another fat ole lazy cat.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 7 months he's more than old enough to be speyed or neutered, that'll give you an answer for sure. 

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure on his age? LOL, I guess you are if you got him at 8 weeks. Did he just get his adult canine teeth? If so, he really is a late bloomer. . .that usually happens around 4-5 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sierloveless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah his teeth just came in a few weeks ago.
When I was going to take him to the vet we ended up having to move, now he is staying with my sister for a while... so there isn't a lot I can do right now

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah his teeth just came in a few weeks ago.
When I was going to take him to the vet we ended up having to move, now he is staying with my sister for a while... so there isn't a lot I can do right now
Oh no... Keep us updated... :vibes::vibes: