TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what breed she is, but she is definitely a beautiful cat. Congratulations.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is some very interesting photography. The settings really show her off. I'd assume she is a domestic longhair if she has no papers, but she is certainly a striking example.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat. 

Really stunning

If she has no papers she's most likely a domestic longhair, but still quite a lovely example

Is she deaf by any chance? (some white cats with blue eyes are)

Last edited:

spiderplant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's absolutely beautiful!  Do you know what litter the people who had her before used?  Is she declawed?  That, or health problems/the stress of a change of environment and family, could explain her hesitancy to use her litter boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michaalves23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, everyone! Over here you can never find a cat with papers, and even if its possible to get them, people don't bother. But she's beautiful, isnt she?

She's not deaf, infact she hears even the slightest noise!

I'm using the same litter as her previous owners did, she's not declawed and she's pretty healthy. The only thing is shes got really short legs, Kinda like a munchkin cat!

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? If not, she might be marking to attract males.

Try an unscented, scoopable (sand-like) clay litter. This is the kind most cats prefer. If you can get some Cat Attract litter or additive, that should help as well. And make sure her box is kept somewhere non-scary (not next to the furnace or other noisy appliance) and well-lit, as far away from her food as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michaalves23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's not spayed, she just doesnt use the litter at all .We are using the same stuff the previous owner did, but including the litter box. But I think she had a problem there, because she would hate using the box if another cat did. Is it possible that she's still getting the other cats smell?

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
An unspayed female will urinate in what we would call inappropriate places just the same as an un-neutered male will. She may be marking her territory, or signalling to male cats that she is ready to mate.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaying will also remove the risk of pyometra (serious often fatal and always expensive infection of the uterus) and give some protection against breast cancer.  The more times she calls the less protection from spaying, so the sooner the better.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with OS and Sohni, hopefully you'll get her spayed ASAP

spiderplant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please please please have this cat spayed.  She's at risk for many life threatening conditions, as the others have suggested, and she will continue to have territorial marking.  As someone who has adopted a female cat who was spayed late(by me) and later lost to mammory cancer.. please have her spayed.  It's cheap and it will benefit both of you.