Try to find a decision

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Will i have a glass of wine tonight?, nah, i'll pass this week.

Can anyone believe that!!
are you sick susan?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

I know that, Fran!!

I only speak dog and cat, and a little rat.

Oddly, they don't have translators for those languages.

(but when I write my german friends, I like to translate whole passages into German to allow them to see how good my german is getting.

)

I dont speak german to people, i am alot more confortable typing it.. because apparently i sound like Giovanni Trapatoni when i speak german

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I dont speak german to people, i am alot more confortable typing it.. because apparently i sound like Giovanni Trapatoni when i speak german
Too funny!
Speak it or not, you are doing better than I could!!! But I am definately opening a bottle of wine tonight!!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know about 3 words of German
, so I'm not even gonna try!

Sláinte! I'll join you, although my glass of Riesling must be virtual, I'm afraid.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
"Cheers" is definitely the correct translation, but here's a question for Jenny: Do you say "Prost" or "Prosit"? I'm kind of caught between Bayrisch (Bavarian), due to my former German teachers and having attended a university in Bavaria, and Schwäbisch (Swabian), because of my Swabian husband and living in "Schwabenland" (B-W). Or do you say "Prosit" when drinking beer, and "Prost" when drinking wine, as some friends in Günzburg do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

antares

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good Morning, no, there is no difference between "Prost" and "Prosit". But "Prost" is more pupular.
Have a nice day