True crime books?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read Invisible Darkness, about the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case. Very timely, as the sadistic, self-serving b***h is due to be released, any day now (if she hasn't been already).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I just read Invisible Darkness, about the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka case. Very timely, as the sadistic, self-serving b***h is due to be released, any day now (if she hasn't been already).
I read that one, too (and reread it when I learned she was going to be released). Another one about them was "Deadly Innocence".

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's due to be released sometime next month. Her plans are to move to Quebec. According to one news release she will be monitored and required to check in on a weekly basis.

With her narcissism, I doubt that she'll maintain a low profile and somebody is likely to dispose of her, in a manner similar to that of her victims.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

With her narcissism, I doubt that she'll maintain a low profile and somebody is likely to dispose of her, in a manner similar to that of her victims.
I know this is cold, but my response is a simple shrug. I just read "Murder in the Family" by Burl Barer, about Kirby Anthoney, who murdered his aunt and two female cousins in Anchorage in 1987, after raping his aunt and the older of the two girls. He got three consecutive 99-year sentences, plus some concurrent sentences. I don't believe such psychopaths can be rehabilitated, or that they should ever be released. Society is much better off without them.

timmythefalcon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just read Murderous East Anglia by Joanna Elphick. I think it might end up being one of my favorite books of all time! It's a mix of superb storytelling and legal knowledge. Truly like nothing you'll have read before!

NB. It is only available on the amazon kindle store!